Captain Kirk, call home

Funny old world. The other side of the coin is showing videos that tell us the Yanks never made it to the moon and that the US space suits wouldn't protect the wearer from cosmic radiation.

NSP

LE
That and some of the "related stories" at the bottom seem more Sunday Sport than Daily Mirror...!

The Daily Mirror said:
The retired officer, known only as Captain Kaye, also claims to have served in a secret 'space fleet' run by a multinational organisation called the Earth Defense Force

Just @Squeakyboat in his latest Walt adventure.

The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one they say.

Something that made me stop and think a few years ago - I read David Icke's 'The Big Secret'. It was bought for me as a bit of a joke by BiL.

However much nutty shite the man spouts, he did kick off with a very good point. What would it be like if it was true? Not that I think it is true, but even so - a secret NASA project and a few leaks just like this one would be about right.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for him, he went on to inform me that the world is hollow and the bad guys live on the surface of the inside. I stopped reading at that point because it went from being funny to just not making sense.

But that point has always stuck with me - if the government told such a big lie that exposing it made you look like a nutter - what if?

map_2972003d.jpg

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Anyhoo, unfortunately for him, he went on to inform me that the world is hollow and the bad guys live on the surface of the inside.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

Not a hollow planet: a hollow solar system. The concept has been familiar to Sci Fi since at least the mid-70s. The Ringworld series was a variation; true (Sci Fi) Dyson Spheres appeared somewhere else, maybe in the works of Larry Niven, but I could be wrong and I cannot be arrsed to keep on googling.

Edit: found it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbitsville

Another edit: Ringworld was Larry Niven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere

Not a hollow planet: a hollow solar system. The concept has been familiar to Sci Fi since at least the mid-70s. The Ringworld series was a variation; true (Sci Fi) Dyson Spheres appeared somewhere else, maybe in the works of Larry Niven, but I could be wrong and I cannot be arrsed to keep on googling.

Dunno about hollow solar systems but I can tell you for absolute sure that David Icke thinks the world is hollow exactly as in that "diagram".

Retired US Marine claims he spent 17 years on MARS protecting five human colonies from Martians

That's nothing...thousands of British soldiers have spent years in Afghanistan protecting it from the Afghans...

Rodney2q

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dunno about hollow solar systems but I can tell you for absolute sure that David Icke thinks the world is hollow exactly as in that "diagram".
Mea culpa. I was thinking of the Dyson Sphere as a hollow planet. Realised it was a hollow solar system and edited it badly. I'll give myself a severe finger-wagging to save you the bother.

Mars gravity is only 3.711 m/s squared compared with Earth's 9.81. Spending 17 years there would waste most of his body to the point that if he returned to Earth then his own weight would cripple or kill him.

Then again when we are into the territory of the loon, so any made up nonsense can be dreampt up to get around reality.

Something that made me stop and think a few years ago - I read David Icke's 'The Big Secret'. It was bought for me as a bit of a joke by BiL.

However much nutty shite the man spouts, he did kick off with a very good point. What would it be like if it was true? Not that I think it is true, but even so - a secret NASA project and a few leaks just like this one would be about right.

Anyhoo, unfortunately for him, he went on to inform me that the world is hollow and the bad guys live on the surface of the inside. I stopped reading at that point because it went from being funny to just not making sense.

But that point has always stuck with me - if the government told such a big lie that exposing it made you look like a nutter - what if?

map_2972003d.jpg

I have a book full of this sort of rubbish. Three books in fact. Discarded Science, Bogus Science and Corrupted Science by John Grant.

All sorts of fanciful hollow earth theories debunked in them. Even people who should have known better fell for this nonsense, including the Nazi scientists (loose definition) who believed the Earth was inside a sphere (sort of reversed, as it were) and were planning to bomb Australia by firing rockets straight up into the sky so that they "fell" on the Ozzies. Nothing like a good plan.

Oddly enough, having spent three years as a working geophysicist I never came across any evidence that the Earth was anything but solid all the way down to the liquid core. Maybe the MIB covered up the evidence. Even where it is "liquid" it is still pretty solid.

Facking nutters, the lot of them.

its bullshit anyone who knows the truth will tell you there were six colonies not five...........damn I've said too much

Latest Threads