Captain Kaye on Mars

Well, given the lack of Martian invasions of late, seems like he did his job.

Semper Fi, dude. Semper Fi.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Judging from his general demeanour and appearance, I'd say Ed Milliband did a tour of duty before slipping back quietly into civilian life...

Wordsmith

Hawkwind knew about this as long ago as 1979.

Shiny

He then spent his time protecting the colonies from martians, who presumably wanted to take over and make the planet their own.

Presumably, given that the planet is Mars, the Martians feel that it is rightfully theirs already...

Good reporting by the the Shitty Star.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Actually we own Mars - as Robert Heinlein proved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_in_a_Strange_Land
A manned expedition is mounted to visit the planet Mars but all contact is lost after landing. A second expedition twenty five years later finds a single survivor, Valentine Michael Smith. Smith was born on the spacecraft and was raised entirely by the Martians... Smith is extremely wealthy and following a legal precedent set during the colonisation of the Moon, the Larkin Decision, he could be considered to own the planet Mars itself.

Wordsmith

JJH has been a bit quiet lately. What's the time lag on Earth-Mars communication at the moment?

JJH has been a bit quiet lately. What's the time lag on Earth-Mars communication at the moment?
Mars at its nearest is around 50,000,000 ks distant, divide that by 300,000 ks per second, however when Mars is on the opposite side of the Sun from Earth it is a little bit longer. There again if JJH is in contact with enemy forces then he will have other things on his mind.

jinxy

LE
There is form for this, The men who stare at Goats and the first Earth Battalion, come to mind. Which rag carried this story? I miss the Sports nonecence.

Is the correct terminology indigenous Martian now? What happened to "The Misterons" and wtf is the US doing protecting us. Is the any danger of blue on Spectrum? Where is Captain Scarlet?

'gissago in a SPV

These questions need answering people,

Answering....................?

Btw

I think your all just jealous of his Home to Duty allowance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is form for this, The men who stare at Goats and the first Earth Battalion, come to mind. Which rag carried this story? I miss the Sports nonecence.
I saw it on the Mirror and Star online, I tried to find it on two of the broadsheets but couldn't. I imagine though it was a double page feature in the Sun!

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Now coming to you live on exonews...

In which we learn our hero was recruited at age 5 and sent traveling through time so his absence from school was not noticed. There are four follow up programs...

Wordsmith

Captain Scarlet died last week, at least his voice did, his body is probably still being misused as a sex toy by some nerd.