Capt Lalit Garung

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by spike7451, Nov 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

OK,Well today I recieved a reply via my MLA.

So there we have it!
    A brave Soldier's contribution is'nt even worth £500!!!!!!

2. Spike,

Of course a brave soldier's service is a priceless thing (though certain politicans seem to think otherwise.) However, it seems to me that they have a point in denying a gratis visa. If he does receive a pension and is still unable to afford the visa (I think £500 is pretty steep!) Then perhaps we or another charitable institute ought to be helping him out. Whilst I still think that this seems pretty harsh, I do in some way understand their decision.

3. Christ on a crutch, get the man in and square his medical issues away first, worry about the Visa cost later.

4. You would think that the pen pushers would have learned from the repercusions of the Mr Pun fiasco. All these people must be so far up the jobsworth scale it defies belief. MP written to as well as anyone else I can think of!!

5. Just so I have it clear, the people who need a triple signed form to make a decision (let alone wipe their arse) are in control of the health and destiny of those who make battle decisions in a heartbeat.

Yup, thought som

6. the moral of the story here is that if you recruit people into your military to serve for you, you must be prepared to treat them as your own from thereon in. If you're not able to do that, don't recruit them.

Is there nobody within the government able to take stock of the bigger picture lately and see just what an awful mess they're making?

7. Whip round anyone? I'm in for £20. Beer tokens are in short supply this month, ******* car. I'll chip in another £30 next month? Anyone else up for it?

8. I can spare 20 beer tokens.

9. Who's collecting?

10. Count me in for £20 (this is more deserving than the fcuking yellow bear collection I keep seeing everywhere I turn!

How are we going to collate this?

Salvador

11. Not half.

12. Light up the batman light in the sky thing, except with a ball-gag and chains in sillouete. MDN has done this sort of thing before, he'd be the best to organise it, if he can spare the time.

First though we should make sure that there's a way of getting the tokens through to Capt Gurung.

13. I agree, has anyone talked to MDN? I'll put a tenner down.

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Chaps,I have e-mailed Gurkah Justice & will be passing the original letter on to Kieran O'Rourke of Howe & Co.
    I cant post the original letter as I dont have the means to scan it however if the is someone in North Down (Bangor) I'd be happy to meet up.