Caprica: The Feature Length Pilot - Any good?

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by BuggerAll, Aug 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Has anyone seen Caprica? Is it any good?

2. It's slow-paced and nothing at all like Battlestar Galactica. All the action takes place on Caprica years before the Cylons. I managed to get through the entire first series and the action only really starts towards the end. I would give it a go.

3. I loved it. In fact, the whole Battlestar Galactica world seems to be shaping up nicely... Caprica is a lot of fun, although as previously said, a little slow. It's interesting and egaging in it's own right though. I read recently that the SyFy channel is going ahead with another season, so I'm looking forward to that.

On a side note, there's a film called Battlestar Galactica : The plan which gives the Cylon viewpoint of the early episodes in the (modern) series... Quite an interesting addition.

Sammers.

4. As a child of the 70's, and having seen the original "Battlestar Galactica", starring Lorne Greene and Dirk Benedict, is there any real point in me watching any of the remake stuff? I have not watched a single episode of the new material, and am beginning to think I may have been missing out.

Tam

5. Tam

You are missing out. The new series are top draw. Start with the mini series and if you are drawn in get the rest.

6. Im lead to believe that the second series of Caprica will fast forward to the Cylon rebellion.