Caprica: The Feature Length Pilot - Any good?

Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Has anyone seen Caprica? Is it any good?
It's slow-paced and nothing at all like Battlestar Galactica. All the action takes place on Caprica years before the Cylons. I managed to get through the entire first series and the action only really starts towards the end. I would give it a go.
I loved it. In fact, the whole Battlestar Galactica world seems to be shaping up nicely... Caprica is a lot of fun, although as previously said, a little slow. It's interesting and egaging in it's own right though. I read recently that the SyFy channel is going ahead with another season, so I'm looking forward to that.

On a side note, there's a film called Battlestar Galactica : The plan which gives the Cylon viewpoint of the early episodes in the (modern) series... Quite an interesting addition.

As a child of the 70's, and having seen the original "Battlestar Galactica", starring Lorne Greene and Dirk Benedict, is there any real point in me watching any of the remake stuff? I have not watched a single episode of the new material, and am beginning to think I may have been missing out.