Capital hell

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by xxsushideexx, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all!

Is anyone else having hell with the recruitment process with Capital.
    I have been to ADSC got a three month deferral because I needed to bring my run down.
    Had my deferral lifted and heard nothing since.

Spoken to the call center a few times, no one seems to know what is going on...
    And the woman who is meant to be dealing with my application is impossible to get hold of..

Getting very angry now!!
  2. It's your own stupid fault for turning up a biff when you knew perfectly well you'd be asked to run a mile and a half.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Maybe you should try phoning Capita instead...
    Also try asking whoever answers to leave a note with the person dealing with your application to phone you back, they did that with me since the lass dealing with mine wasn't in when I phoned at 8am .

4. Hey thanks! alot more help then the post before!

To be totally honest I ran my 1.5 in 12.28 which was faster than most of the girls there.
    I was advised that I wasnt physically robust up top and that it would be an idea for me to come back in a couple of months to bulk up.
    Im 5ft9 and weigh 10 stone, so Im quite a skinny lass.
    The people at capita liftef my deferral.

Oh and they also like to update other peoples profiles with other peoples contact details...
    numerous times this has happened to me and its only when I have spoken to the careers office it has actually come to light..

Ill get there one day...
  5. Hi
    If you can, try and get an Email address for your CSM. Ive found the response time much quicker this way.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  6. I agree with the above solution, though, it seems to dependent on who your CSM is. Mine will not answer the phone or reply to emails and all I want to do is get some fam visits sorted before starting RMAS in May. It's proving incredibly frustrating at the moment!
  7. Can you not use the army website and contact the units that way? That's what i did...

Posted using red teachers ink
  8. Not all list contact details and even if they do sometimes they are out of date.
  9. That's a good point.... I would suggest keep bugging them. What regts are you interested in?

Posted using red teachers ink
  10. Just seen this post from ages ago... Matter of fact I received my report from ADSC and I actually passed my run.
  11. Yes the Capita system still has "teething issues" with it [that's me being very restrained....]

Best number I've found is: 01980 835 682

Other numbers I have are:
    01980 835 683
    01980 835 765 [this one is sometimes disconnected, other times is fine, no idea why]
    0845 600 80 80

I've never been lucky enough to have someone ever actually call me back from Capita. Maybe one day...
    I find calling almost continually [re-dial is my new favourite phone function] until they realise that you are a persistent bugger tends to get results.

My CSM now knows that if I get put through to her she can normally sort it within 5 minutes by being clear and honest with me and if there is a note to call me back she can do that, or wait 35 seconds until I call again.