Capital Gains Tax and the "Provided living accommodation exemption"

Trying to find out about capital gains tax as might have to sell the UK hutt at short notice.

Has anybody claimed the " Provided living accommodation exemption " when selling their second home in the UK ?

Just wondering as I was in Service provided housing for 27 years (until 2007) and bought the property in 1987.

I have spent the last 4 days scouring the HMR&C web-page and its doing my head in.

Thanks

Trying to find out about capital gains tax as might have to sell the UK hutt at short notice.

Has anybody claimed the " Provided living accommodation exemption " when selling their second home in the UK ?

Just wondering as I was in Service provided housing for 27 years (until 2007) and bought the property in 1987.

I have spent the last 4 days scouring the HMR&C web-page and its doing my head in.

Thanks
I am working on something similar but cannot guarantee that I will be able to help you.

Just to confirm: You bought in 1987. You haven't lived in it. It was your only house until 2007 when you bought another house?

Litotes

Yes but I might have a Brucey Bonus as I bought it for my Disabled Mother to live in so I might also be exempt due to the "But, if you bought the property before 5 April 1988, you may get Private Residence Relief if it was purchased for:

an infirm relative unable to live independently "