Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by short_pedestrian, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey folks.

Just completed my first 6 weeks at harrogate and finally got our regimental headress. Just wanted to ask what have you done with the back of your capbadge as mine REALLY knacks my head. The bottom loop at the back has left a massive bruise on my head just with having it on for 45 mins on the parade square. The beret isn't too small for me either.
    Cheers for any help.
  2. Cut a Little hole in your head with a leatherman just about the size of the loop on the capbadge and just deep enough so it sit without pressing against your head, and hey presto no bruise!
  3. If only eh! lol.
  4. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Change capbadge - the RTR one sites nice and square in the centre of ones forehead with no sharp edges. Plus you get something big and hard to sit on.
  5. Ask to join a Guards Regiment and wear a Bearskin...... no badge to stick in your head.
  6. To be honest I think you must be doing something wrong with the beret, never had a badge bruise my head, two options

1. re shape the beret

2. Go to the QM and ask for a new issue head, however this is option is the least unlikely as the Q wont give you anything, stores are for storing etc etc :)
  7. I sewed mine on. That was in my unit tho, I,d never would of dared do that in training. Not when theres a fcuking nice brass plate that needs to be bulled up every bleedin night.

8. You have a funny shaped head obviously. Never heard of that one before. You could always hit it with a hammer. The loop not your head.
  9. Try putting the securing pin in the other way round. As in closed end to the top, open end to the bottom. Then bend the open ends back on themselves. Only suggesting this as it might be the fat loop on the pin getting to you not the bottom loop of the Jimmy. Drama with this method is it's going to be a pain in the arse for you to keep bending the pin back everynight to polish your back plate.
  10. DesertRat, that response makes me think you are a techie : :D
  11. Don't swear at me!! :D
  12. black nasty!! works on everthing
  13. The only thing I can think of is...

You know the band that runs around the edge of the beret on the bottom - make sure it is above your eye-brows... this makes the whole thing a bit looser....

Nick Carter
  14. :D Well it looked liked a tech type response :D Ok how about something to do with HR?
  15. God's Child thankyou very much. :D