Capbadge Credibilty

Is the Brig going to the first Scaley he can find and expect him to be an awesome communicator? Or is he going to be too busy asking why the Tech subspec can't get his poached eggs right?

I can see why you didn't become a Signaller.
Clue it's in the RS Forum so probably they've got a noob red tab with little or nil tech savvy mooching about.
I'm a Scaley and I haven't got a clue what he's talking about either. It seems to be the season for random topics that no-one outside of the original poster actually understands on the Militant Vodafone board.

or perhaps insisting on tucking his new PCS Jacket into his PCS trousers is affecting his sanity?

Is the Brig going to the first Scaley he can find and expect him to be an awesome communicator? Or is he going to be too busy asking why the Tech subspec can't get his poached eggs right?

Do you mean "Brig" in the Navy sense of the word. As in "chuck him in the Brig until he's sober"

I keep hearing that every member of the Corps needs capbadge credibility i.e. can operate a radio convincingly.

The poached eggs bit was a play on expecting all Loggies to be chefs.

Either way, I wouldn't know one end of a radio from another.

Still up, in but no name tag (or badges)

Don't get why this is such a problem...

Not everyone wearing the RLC badge is a driver/stacker/sloppy/pioneer. So why the assumption anyone under a Jimmy is the same as the guys int he Signals Plt?

Same goes for other capbadges...

Drive that tank? I can't i'mnot a driver.
Fire that gu, can't i am an OP Ack.

Even in the Infantry, who ALL start as riflemen, there will be those that haven't been a 'Infantryman' per se for quite some time and have been in the QMs or RP staff or something.

If someone wonders why a Signalman can't use a radio (if not a radio user trade), punch the wonderer to the ground and p1ss on him. Strip his unconcious body and move his limbs, roughly, in to the position of hte Figure of Mercury. If you have time scrawl 'Certa Cito' across his forehead. Pen will do, but a knife could be used if the person annoyed you to much.

News will soon get out.

It's a sorry state of affairs if a Scaley can't operate a radio. As pointed out, what about BSS? Voice Procedure should be a given as a skill.

Are they still teaching D10, exchanges and Pole Crossing's on BSS along with putting up 9x9's?

We need some Corps(core) skills and VP and logging should be one of them.

If a Brig needs to use a radio, then there is something very wrong with the war fighting.

You'd be very surprised, I've handed many an handset to those up on high.
Usually their voice procedure has been very good and they are not normally talking to those on the ground.

It's a sorry state of affairs if a Scaley can't operate a radio. As pointed out, what about BSS? Voice Procedure should be a given as a skill.

[It's a sorry state of affairs if a Scaley can't operate a radio. /QUOTE]

Does it not depend on the meaning of 'Operate' a radio?

Are we talking about picking up an Handset and talking, using VP?

Or going the whole hog ie. setting up the Det, Ant. and Tuning?

I appreciate that I'm well out of touch with happens on todays Sets but can you
imagine a DTG trying to tune in a C70 or a D11.

I agree with what's been said, that everyone should be trained to USE a radio as a
basic Military skill.........I may be wrong, I am, after all just a CWW!

Do they even do BSS anymore?

And if they do is it possible to teach Bowman on it? You can teach someone to press a pressel and say hello in a couple of days, teaching someone a system with an instruction book that's roughly the same thickness as the deck armour of the Yamato in anything less than a couple of weeks isn't going to happen and it's pointless for storemen, mechs, lineys etc.

I'd even argue that radios and VP isn't the core business of our Corps anymore, the likes of Cormorant, Falcon, ARRC Infra, Richelieu, J1/J4, satcoms etc are far more important to most of the Corps these days than Bowman.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
3 Gunners 7
3 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 22
3 Weapons, Equipment & Rations 3