Cap Badges

The Highlanders has to be one of the best, and biggest!

Not only do you have to punch 7 holes through your head dress, being 3D with sharp antlers, its great for catching on everything, stabbing into your fingers and generally being a bugger to clean.

But of course, it need the Cameron of Erracht tartan behind it and the blue hackle just to make it really stand out :)

I love it!

Am I right in saying that the Highlanders continued to wear the QO Hlndrs badge (the old Seaforth's badge with the addition of the sprig of thistle) on the tam but adopted the 3-parter you show for the Glengarry?

Am I right in saying that the Highlanders continued to wear the QO Hlndrs badge (the old Seaforth's badge with the addition of the sprig of thistle) on the tam but adopted the 3-parter you show for the Glengarry?
The Highlanders kept the QOHLDRS badge and adopted the Gordon tartan. The 3 part 3D version was worn by snco’s/officers/Pipes &Drums, all others wore the first one shown. The Gordons were the same, 3D worn only by the privileged....
704D891D-30C6-45AB-B52F-4FD664135B61.jpeg

Last edited:

ugly

LE

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’m very surprised that my fellow Arrsers haven’t gone for the pervert’s choice - as far as I know the only cap badge featuring a pair of un-fettered tits.

View attachment 361644
These buggers have a beaver...
engineer_branch.jpg

This one has an Ass...
th (7).jpeg

While this one is only half-assed...
mcb38-ravc-cap-badge.jpg

Standby by for a selection of "pussy" badges
This pussys got teeth.
The other ones preparing for doggy.
Is it true that the R Sigs badge looked at from the back looks like a bloke shagging a German Shepherd dog?

Attachments

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’m very surprised that my fellow Arrsers haven’t gone for the pervert’s choice - as far as I know the only cap badge featuring a pair of un-fettered tits.

View attachment 361644
Plenty of tits in these two...
7995f20042600c7cb6066fe6bfcfeee7.jpg
2713dc1211119a00a84eaacc0142492c--school-badges-nursing-pins.jpg

And this lot are a bunch of FANY's.....
First Aid Nursing Yeomanry.ov.jpg

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
More knockers from Ireland....
th (9).jpeg

th (4).jpeg

th (7).jpeg

th (3).jpeg

The 17th/21st Lancers badge - sorry ‘Motto’ - held a certain allure for the cadets in my old unit in Tottenham, north London back in the early 1970’s. This was due entirely to the old recruiting poster that displayed all the Army’s cap badges on a green baize background. I think it was entitled “All the signs of a good career” or some such. We had so many cadets join them that their adjutant wrote a letter to our unit OC asking why so many London lads are joining a northern cavalry regiment and he was told it was simply the cap badge was seen as being “warry” - the precursor to being “ally”.

The Highlanders kept the QOHLDRS badge and adopted the Gordon tartan. The 3 part 3D version was worn by snco’s/officers/Pipes &Drums, all others wore the first one shown. The Gordons were the same, 3D worn only by the privileged.... View attachment 361656
We (3 Highlanders at the time) in Aberdeen wore the 3D Hector if we were "Infantryman 1st class". Not sure how official it was, but it was certainly an incentive. I still wear if on a glengarry (With hackle) when acting as Drum Major but have the 3D 51st Highland badge for my feather bonnet.

My Gordons Staff badge was only worn when playing as part of the Gordons Association Drums and Pipes.

We (3 Highlanders at the time) in Aberdeen wore the 3D Hector if we were "Infantryman 1st class". Not sure how official it was, but it was certainly an incentive. I still wear if on a glengarry (With hackle) when acting as Drum Major but have the 3D 51st Highland badge for my feather bonnet.

My Gordons Staff badge was only worn when playing as part of the Gordons Association Drums and Pipes.
Is the 51st HD all of anodised aluminium or all of silver plated metal, or a combination of the two?

Is the 51st HD all of anodised aluminium or all of silver plated metal, or a combination of the two?
All of the above!

There was a flat version what was worn by OR's. This was Stabrite but I also saw white metal ones that appeared to be an older issue and better made.

Officers and band members had a 3D version. I have seen white metal , silver plate (which I now have) and solid silver, which I believe were privately commissioned by senior officers. A family friend has fathers (Lt Col Charles Irvine MC.) solid silver one which is now mounted on a stunning carving of the monument at St Valery.