Cap Badge Stumped??

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by geezer466, Sep 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [​IMG]

Anyone cast any light?

Is it 7RHA?

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

It is airborne RHA....I would assume 7 RHA.

3. Yes its 7RHA

4. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Every media outlet seems to refer to them as "7 Para". I think there was once an actual 7th Bn, Parachute Regt that was retitled/amalgamated after dub dub 2.

5. '7 Para' used to be 7th Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, but was returned to general service in the late '70s and posted to Germany. I believe that, after the Falklands, the Para Brigade was reformed and 7 Para again became part of it. It used to be in a dilapidated barracks in Aldershot, but this barracks has now been torn down and I have no idea where they are now, or even if they exist as a major unit.

6. In the 60's They were stationed in North Camp, end of queens ave right hand side.

7. And a rebuild of Lille Barracks was done with them in mind, just in time for the Airborne chaps to be moved en masse to Colchester.

Lille Barracks now a FootGuards posting, but with inadequate accommodation for a battalion yet lots of gun sheds.

8. Yes now 7 PARA RHA are part of 16 Air Assault Brigade in Merville Barracks Colchester.