Cap Badge Stumped??

Anyone cast any light?

Is it 7RHA?

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Every media outlet seems to refer to them as "7 Para". I think there was once an actual 7th Bn, Parachute Regt that was retitled/amalgamated after dub dub 2.

'7 Para' used to be 7th Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, but was returned to general service in the late '70s and posted to Germany. I believe that, after the Falklands, the Para Brigade was reformed and 7 Para again became part of it. It used to be in a dilapidated barracks in Aldershot, but this barracks has now been torn down and I have no idea where they are now, or even if they exist as a major unit.

mnairb said:
'7 Para' used to be 7th Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, but was returned to general service in the late '70s and posted to Germany. I believe that, after the Falklands, the Para Brigade was reformed and 7 Para again became part of it. It used to be in a dilapidated barracks in Aldershot, but this barracks has now been torn down and I have no idea where they are now, or even if they exist as a major unit.
In the 60's They were stationed in North Camp, end of queens ave right hand side.

And a rebuild of Lille Barracks was done with them in mind, just in time for the Airborne chaps to be moved en masse to Colchester.

Lille Barracks now a FootGuards posting, but with inadequate accommodation for a battalion yet lots of gun sheds.