• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Cap Badge Stumped??

RP578

LE
Book Reviewer
Every media outlet seems to refer to them as "7 Para". I think there was once an actual 7th Bn, Parachute Regt that was retitled/amalgamated after dub dub 2.

'7 Para' used to be 7th Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, but was returned to general service in the late '70s and posted to Germany. I believe that, after the Falklands, the Para Brigade was reformed and 7 Para again became part of it. It used to be in a dilapidated barracks in Aldershot, but this barracks has now been torn down and I have no idea where they are now, or even if they exist as a major unit.

mnairb said:
'7 Para' used to be 7th Parachute Regiment, Royal Horse Artillery, but was returned to general service in the late '70s and posted to Germany. I believe that, after the Falklands, the Para Brigade was reformed and 7 Para again became part of it. It used to be in a dilapidated barracks in Aldershot, but this barracks has now been torn down and I have no idea where they are now, or even if they exist as a major unit.
In the 60's They were stationed in North Camp, end of queens ave right hand side.

And a rebuild of Lille Barracks was done with them in mind, just in time for the Airborne chaps to be moved en masse to Colchester.

Lille Barracks now a FootGuards posting, but with inadequate accommodation for a battalion yet lots of gun sheds.

Latest Threads