Cap badge positioning

I was under the impression that British military dress regs stated that when wearing a beret, the badge must be postioned over the left eye. In the last few days i've seen a couple of military programmes where the badge has been worn over the left ear.
Young Soldiers: 1 Rifles Officer and 1 ranker
Sandhurst
The Bomb Squad: 1 RE Sapper (Commando trained).
And those are just a few examples, I have seen more, but forgotten where.
Is this some kind of new fashion and is it tolerated by the RSM's and RP's?

As they are all members of inferior regiments who can blame them for trying to hide their cap badge

Poor application of basic discipline by Sergeant Majors! Get a fcukin' grip!!
Seconded - And why, oh ******* why, must everyone wear their trousers hanging down to the floor!

TIE THOSE ******* UP ABOVE THE ANKLE YOUR SCRUFFY SHITS OR GET A PAIR OF TWISTERS!!!

There seems to be a new fad for shaping a beret into a flat cap from Last of the Summer Wine doing the rounds as well.

There seems to be a new fad for shaping a beret into a flat cap from Last of the Summer Wine doing the rounds as well.
Some call it style, I call it gay, ubergay when it's Rifles as they're much better than redcoats

nothing wrong with cap badge over the left eye and a HLS beret, do you know some **** put a orange patch on mine the basatrds
it looks gay as fluck like a compo cap

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
As they are all members of inferior regiments who can blame them for trying to hide their cap badge
ah that explains why it was the paras who started it :)

thats as old as time too. just watch some of the old war movies, there's a BW micheal caine one where they wear their berets in all sorts of fashions

O! say can you see by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming....

Attachments

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
It's you.

I am supposed to be envious of a person who gets his thong in twist over a head dress invented by another country!!!!!

The word your searching for french boy is kilt.
No, the words I was searching for was pre-op skirt-wearing transexual north Britishers :-D