Cap badge identification?

This is a rather pointless question but non-the-less it has been bugging me since I saw it.
Can some one tell me which regiment's cap badge this is? (The one the lad in front of the Kingo is wearing)
It just looked to me like a badge straight out of Nazi Germany.

cap badge.jpg

Attachments

Im going to risk it, waa shield set to maximum.

The Scots Dragoon Guards (carbiniers and grey).

It was actually the Romans who started the military love affairs with eagles.

I am continually amazed how important your Regimental history is and obviously makes you lot tick. Hats off or beret in my case which I always found to be a useful cloth to polish my shoes on the odd occasion.
I'm guessing you're a blue job

Ah cheers for settling that for me lads.
I did think it was dragoons initially, on looking up the formation for 4th mechanized, as I was familiar with all the units badges apart from theirs. Only when doing a quick search for the dragoons did it come up with a completely different badge.
Thanks for that though, the annoying urge in my head begging to know what it was has now ceased :)

'Work' Berets were usually Navy Blue on Tank Park I think.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Napoleonic eagle to commerate Ensign Ewart's taking of a French Eagle at Waterloo, though IIRC he was a Sergeant when he started the charge and an Officer by the end of the day after he'd returned from it.
Out the Castle, First pub on the right as you head down the royal Mile

CanteenCowboy

LE
Book Reviewer
I think Ensign Ewart's is some way down the Royal Mile, and the only proper polishing needed is a quick rub against the back of your DPM clad legs surely, got me through quite a few years.....

Napoleonic eagle to commerate Ensign Ewart's taking of a French Eagle at Waterloo, though IIRC he was a Sergeant when he started the charge and an Officer by the end of the day after he'd returned from it.
Out the Castle, First pub on the right as you head down the royal Mile
Fksake...First pub on the LEFT, just past the Assembly Hall....

55.949167,-3.19435

Geesh and folk go on about officers and maps!

Never let a member of the RADC out without a white stick...