Cap Badge above right eye? What the f***

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by robo_robert, Jan 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After watching Ross Kemp in Afghanistan I realised one of the guys on there appears to wearing his beret with the cap badge above his right eye. What the hell is that about?

Have a look: (1/5)

It's 04:56

Attached Files:

2. I think its something to do with the way it was filmed and played back blah blah tekkty waffle which I dont understand. Anyway, thats according to an anorak who I work with.
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

The image is flipped horizontally - blame the civvy editing nuggets at Sky, not our man in the picture.
  4. Quite simple, someone's 'reversed' the tape. check out his collor does yours sit like that, right over left, or left over right. It's kind of like a mirror thingy.
  5. its a mirror image of the original film so that all those interviewed in that section were looking in the same direction. The same bloke is in the programme with the capbade over his left eye.

Now, the London Irish caubeen is another issue!
  6. its to do with the way its been filmed/edited as hammy123 has just said, im sure further on in the episode hes got it the right way.
  7. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Any half decent Badge would bounce him anyway for being inverted in a public place or horizontally incorrect on duty....
  8. You know what the blokes like - this could just be a p!ss take - but I doubt it - R Anglians & all that ....
  9. Reversed Negative Image? If you look at his collar, it crosses right-over-left, rather than the conventional left-over-right, so the complete image is reversed.
  10. This is what it really looks like. Some editor fcuking around with the tape.

Attached Files:

11. Why isn't it over his left ear?
  12. And now with subtltles in Russian! :D
  13. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

It's great when they do this. We had a picture of an Aircraft Carrier on a magazine front page once...couldn't work out what was wrong with it...then twigged that the bridge was on the wrong side, they had inverted the picture...errased the flight deck numbers (which were inverted) and replaced them with some computer added ones.

All in the name of 'looking right'

14. Obviously somebody lacking in "IQ" then ... :wink:
  15. How easy a photo can get you a mega bollocking