Cant say "black spot" in the south wales fire service.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ABF9, Oct 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In light of what happend to the 4 firemen in Avon fire service I have another example of PC fire brigade madness.

While on a shout last week we lost radio contact with our fire control due to the fire engine being in a blackspot.

Our boss contacted control on a moblie phone to tell them that we were in a blackspot and had no radio commes.He was promptly told that he was not alowed to say blackspot because it might be seen as racest.

Madness :roll: .
  2. Almost as pathetic was the old control centre for Wiltshire having to rename 'Emergency Operations Centre' as control is a form of bullying and therefore illegal......
  3. The country is going to pot. We are the minority now in this country and cant have a normal conversation with people now for fear of prosecution. It is a joke.
  4. This is truly a Black day. Now where is me cup of black coffee?
  5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

In my days in blue serge I was rebuked for asking for a black tea in a council canteen. I was told to ask for 'umbrella coloured tea'. I disputed this, as my umbrella is red, white, green and orange. Wouldn't drink any tea that colour. It's Seallafield tea!
  6. I thought it WAS black now, the 'negro and afro-carribean' options having been dropped.

The next time anybody goes and buys white paint, whitewash or a white loaf, I am getting on to the CRE as I feel that it is a racist slur.

7. The worst thing is I dont think its the majority of black people who are forceing this PC madness its a few do gooders who are trying to saves us from our selves(in there mind).
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Well if my place has gone up and the lads are haring it to the rescue you may call me a lazy fucking n***** and I shall not complain. I suspect the same would be true of the tossers who dream this stuff up.

That should read 'nitwit'. I dont know what happened there.

9. nonononono, that's ''dog day'' and ''coffee without milk or cream''
  10. Does this mean I can't squeeze blackheads?
  11. The animal rights activists may have something to say about that.
  12. I remember Firemen, by the way.
  13. I recall being offered a cup of "Negerschweiss" by an elderly German many years ago.I have to admit I would be black-affronted to hear such nasty talk today! :D
  14. So if I say Im feeling blue....will that upset a smurf?

Ah there's me taxi :wink:
  15. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And if one is feeling a little down, will that cause problems with heightist mental health groups?