Cant login to ARRSE on smartphone

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Taz_786, Sep 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The security code graphic doesnt show up either on my Nokia or Opera mobile web browser making it impossible to log in.

Isnt there any way round this?

Tis rather annoying just having to view and not being able to post whilst on the move.

2. Having the same problem on my Nokia N80.

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Mmmmm........ will look at this. Can't have people driving around the streets unable to read ARRSE at the same time.....

4. Cant the security code be shown as standard numbers and letters in monochrome?

Not an expert but im assuming mobile browsers cant make out the characters amongst the green box thingy.

Or maybe the security code login could be disabled for a day to allow us all to sign in and let cookies do the rest?

Just a few suggestions!

5. Just solved this problem.

Simply press the button on your phone/PDA that lets you "zoom-out" and view the web page in its entirety, as if it were on a desktop, and the security code does then show up, enabling you to log in.

Cant believe I didnt think of it earlier!

OTOH if your device cant show full webpages then you're still screwed im afraid.

6. The whole concept of these is to make them difficult to be read automatically. This prevents computers auto-logging into the system, and the potential for chaos that would ensue.

Most mobile devices that use Windows Mobile v5.0 allow full-screen browsing, along with the capability to zoom in and out.

Ghostie