Cant find certificates of grades

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by jcarver007, Feb 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi all,

    I am after some advice. If I have lost my school and college certificates showing my grades is this a major problem to joining? I have put down what the grades were as far as i remember them and i am looking into how to find out exactly what they were.

    Also how does it work with TA units and operations in Afghanistan? Do units going there draw on various TA units or do specific units get assigned? I'm thinking of PWRR which is in my area and have heard good things about.

    Any replies much appreciated.
  2. rampant

    rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Contact your Local Education Authority or Exam board to request replacements, you may need your examination number (certainly in Scotland all school students have an personal examination number which is specific to them, I assume it would be the same in England), if you don't have that contact your old school they will still have it on record, you will obviously need to tell the exam board the year that you took said exams and the school/institute at which you took them.
  3. Im doing Full-Time, going to Basic training soon

    at the start of me applying
    they just wanted a printout of my results
    (call your secondary school and ask for a printout)

    after I did ADSC my recuiter said I need to prepare
    an A4 folder with all my certificates in it.

    and also on the website under kit list it says to bring certificates:

    my suggestion is to just pay up and buy replacements
    instead of starting basic training and telling them you
    lost your certificates and didnt bother to replace them,
    and getting embarrased and shouted at!

    hopefully the infomation i got from full-time helped
  4. Unless you are pursuing officer entry your TA unit won't be too bothered about having copies of all your educational certificates (although if you explain to them you have lost them and they still want them that's their call).

    As to mobilisation units are warned for ops on a rotational basis but most will also be given the opportunity to provide individual reinforcements on an ad hoc basis as opportunities arise. Ask PWRR when they are next due to deploy soldiers and they will have a rough idea of whether you will be able to complete your training in time.