Cant access arrse web site from home

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by andypaddock, Oct 25, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have a drama with accessing arrse from home. I have tried with several pc's all with different specs two different routers.

I'm on talk talk (please don't tell me how bad they are i know) and if i do a tracert to arrse it gets as far as their first host pc and then doesn't seem to get through to the site server

stops at merula.net 217.--.--.66 and goes no further

Any ideas

2. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

using nis by chance?

3. have you tried flushing your DNS?

4. I'm on Talk Talk and have had no trouble whats so all. Are you on there phone plan and got BB free choice?

5. Oooh Matronnnnn

6. To echo McVitie, I'm also on Talk Talk (broadband) and apart from the occasional glitch, which is invariably solved by a reboot, I haven't experienced any dramas.

Sorry I can't offer any advice other than to say the problem probably lies elsewhere than Talk Talk.

7. I'm on their free package but if i trace the route my pc takes to www.arrse.co.uk i see it leaving my network onto the bt infrastructure then it arrives at the arrse host and nothing else happens. i cant test it at work because i cant tracert from work. could it be the pointer records that talk talk dns has or am i way of the mark.

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Do a google for a Public DNS server, get its IP and then set your PC's prefered DNS server to that one!

9. Well seeing your on the army web team, having to ask on Arrse for help is rather funny. Is Armynet run on a ZX81?

10. Nice one scarletto. :D

How are you managing to post then, Andypaddock?

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Maybe Andy is a previous naughty boy in a former life, and his IP is blocked by the Arrse server............ :twisted:

Or maybe his IP is refused for a more innocent reason. Send the CO's an email with your IP/MAC addresses, and see if anything is restricting your access.

12. That sounds like the most likely cause as i seem to get blocked at their server. Who's the best person to PM

13. You should EMAIL Good CO, NOT PM! As his sig block says, he doesn't check his PMs very often! :)

So find his profile and e-mail him.