Cant access arrse web site from home

Does anyone have a drama with accessing arrse from home. I have tried with several pc's all with different specs two different routers.

I'm on talk talk (please don't tell me how bad they are i know) and if i do a tracert to arrse it gets as far as their first host pc and then doesn't seem to get through to the site server

stops at merula.net 217.--.--.66 and goes no further

Any ideas

andypaddock said:
Does anyone have a drama with accessing arrse from home. I have tried with several pc's all with different specs two different routers.

I'm on talk talk (please don't tell me how bad they are i know) and if i do a tracert to arrse it gets as far as their first host pc and then doesn't seem to get through to the site server

stops at merula.net 217.--.--.66 and goes no further

Any ideas
I'm on Talk Talk and have had no trouble whats so all. Are you on there phone plan and got BB free choice?

To echo McVitie, I'm also on Talk Talk (broadband) and apart from the occasional glitch, which is invariably solved by a reboot, I haven't experienced any dramas.

Sorry I can't offer any advice other than to say the problem probably lies elsewhere than Talk Talk.

I'm on their free package but if i trace the route my pc takes to www.arrse.co.uk i see it leaving my network onto the bt infrastructure then it arrives at the arrse host and nothing else happens. i cant test it at work because i cant tracert from work. could it be the pointer records that talk talk dns has or am i way of the mark.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Maybe Andy is a previous naughty boy in a former life, and his IP is blocked by the Arrse server............ :twisted:

Or maybe his IP is refused for a more innocent reason. Send the CO's an email with your IP/MAC addresses, and see if anything is restricting your access.

andypaddock said:
I'm on their free package but if i trace the route my pc takes to www.arrse.co.uk i see it leaving my network onto the bt infrastructure then it arrives at the arrse host and nothing else happens. i cant test it at work because i cant tracert from work. could it be the pointer records that talk talk dns has or am i way of the mark.
Andy can you tell me your IP and I'll look at this. It's an odd one as I have no restrictions on the server itself that would acuse this. I should probably write to the hosts.

Latest Threads