Canon EOS 500D and accessories

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Joker62, Aug 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It breaks my heart to do this but needs must!

Canon EOS 500D camera, comes with EFS 18-55mm lens. Also included are Canon EFS 55-250mm lens, Canon Speedlite 320EX Flash, Samyang 8mm F3.5 Fisheye lens, Manfrotto 790B Monopod, Velbon DF 40 tripod, Canon RC-6 IR Remote Control and Lowepro Fastbak 250AW back pack. All cables, lens cleaning kit, charger and spare battery included.

All items in very good condition, although the tripod has a few minor scratches on it through use.

Reasonable offers considered, will split.
  2. That seems ridiculously expensive. The 500d whilst a more than capable camera is getting on in age. The only lens you'd want to keep out of them is the 8mm fisheye. The flash is a decent bit of kit, but again is the old model. Good luck with the sale, but I've just brought a 550d with 5 spare batteries, a grip, a remote cable and other bits thrown in for £175. Admittedly it's not got the lenses, but if I was you I'd split it.
  3. Sorry to hear that. :sad: Can't you sell a kidney or something instead?

Buying those lenses new would set you back just under £650. And glass doesn't depreciate much.

Not including the camera-back itself, by my reckoning Joker62's kit list would cost over a grand to buy new.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. The 500D was a very good bit of kit, many preferred it to the 550.

I'm afraid I won't be buying as I'm quite happy with my 5Dii and 1Dx.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. My point was that he would be better of flogging it separately. The flash has to be worth £100 or more. The 8mm £150. Then he can sell the other lenses as is. I just think people who are interested in that kit might not want the 500d and some of the kit lenses. The camera would be worth another £150. I'm not saying he won't get the money I just see easier ways of doing it.

As the very least I'd advise splitted the 500d and the 18-55 from the rest of it. That way someone who wants to get into photography can do so affordably, and he will get decent money overall.
  6. How about, if you're not interested and haven't anything positive to say, you stop crayoning on the bloke's thread and leave him to flog his camera in peace?
    • Like Like x 3
  7. It's a perfect beginners camera, and with all of the kit it is almost exactly what I have, except I have upgraded the lenses to L's.

I think that someone who was looking to learn the SLR art would be very interested in that.
  8. How much for the 8mm?
  9. Check PMs
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Actually you didn't. You bought a Kiss version of the 550 which is usually lower priced over here, a third party cheapo grip and some generic batteries.

Now stop ******* with someone else's thread if you aren't intending to buy.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    • Like Like x 3
  11. My point was that it might be easier for him to flog is separately, as he has some good kit there that people would be interested in if they already have a camera. And it seems like people are already asking him how much for seperate parts so it's working for him. Anyway you're right - I'll keep my nose out, as its nothing to do with me.
  12. My 7 year old 6mp bridge camera is about to die, how much for body and lense?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  13. At the moment, there are a couple of people who have expressed interest in the whole lot, I'll have to wait until they have decided what they want to do before I start splitting it all, thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Sold via Ebay.

Sammym, too expensive? Haha, got more than I asked for, some frantic bidding this morning in the last 10 minutes.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. I'm glad for you.