Canon A1 + Lenses + Stuff, innit.

Discussion in 'Photography' started by No_Duff, May 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Stuff soon to be on EBay ^^

2. Love those cameras - superb bits of engineering, and well ahead of their time. Would be very interested apart from the screech when you take a photo - sounds expensive to fix.

3. For a while now I've been thinking about breaking out my old Pentax ME Super. See how it fares against digital.

4. I did a quick google and found this The Canon Squeal

5. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

Always liked those. Only someone elses money steered me towards Nikon F3s. When the T90s arrived one sodden wet day (of which there were many) an old friend came running and asked if I had a spare. He had one of the T90s and there was a wavy line in the viewfinder and the word help. They didn't like water.
    Don't remember the F3 or the A1 suffering like that

6. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

I gave my old SLR Minolta plus lenses away to an A Level photography student. Couldn't find a buyer for it to be honest! Still have the Canon EOS 100D and the Zenith TTL... The Zenith is a marvel of Russian 1980s engineering!

7. Does the viewfinder LED work properly, or does it blink?

BTW, found some interesting You Tube vids on the 'squeel' - looks a bit tricky to remedy.

8. Looking through the viewfinder all that I get is shutter speed and aperture displayed.

When the A1 is turned on, if you push the on/off button a red light by the wind on lever blinks rapidly, I believe that that indicates the battery strength, fast blink good battery/slow blink replace battery.

I've found the manual and there is no mention of a LED that blinks in the viewfinder.