Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot remember the name of the appliance insurance company - any ideas?

Be warned - do NOT buy any extended warranty over the phone! My washing machine warranty had nearly run out and I got a call from (I assumed) the same company offering me a 3 year deal for a good price, which I took up and received paperwork giving an emergency callout number. During the next year, I received a number of calls trying to sell me extended warranty, which I fobbed off, saying I already had it. After a year, I started to smell a rat and rang the emergency number, which rang and rang and rang - no reply. I looked at the paperwork and looked up the company on the internet. As luck would have it, they were Brighton based so I went down to pay them a visit. Spoke to the security guy who said that they had moved out 'about a year ago'. Went back to Google and found another Brighton address for them and went down there. This office block was a bit more difficult to get into, but I eventually found the unit they were supposed to be in. It was a lighting company - spoke to people in another office and they said 'oh, that lot, they weren't here long - left about 6 months ago, but they weren't a very pleasant bunch'. Another search on Google turned up an accomodation address in London. As luck would have it, I paid on my credit card and contacted them who eventually got my money back. Now, I'm covered on my home insurance.

Latest Threads