Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot remember the name of the appliance insurance company - any ideas?

Yokel

LE
I have insurance for repair or replacement of some domestic appliances - I think it is the washing machine and the big fridge freezer - which seems to have gone tits up.

The trouble is that I cannot find any paperwork from them, and I cannot remember the company name. I remember the it was a short name like 'The Deal Is' or something.

Any ideas?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
email all appliance insurance companies....

I do this all the time. If you use email, search your inbox or email app on the phone for key words like 'cover' or 'insurance' or 'appliance' or 'policy'. That's how I usually track them down.

I have insurance for repair or replacement of some domestic appliances - I think it is the washing machine and the big fridge freezer - which seems to have gone tits up.

The trouble is that I cannot find any paperwork from them, and I cannot remember the company name. I remember the it was a short name like 'The Deal Is' or something.

Any ideas?
How did you pay for the cover? If you have online banking or credit cards, you should be able to see the payment(s) for it.

Besides saying they are mostly a con, Which has some advice: Beware this ‘home appliance insurance’ con – Which? News

Yokel

LE
To add to the fun I paid for a year in one go over the phone but it an attempt to improve customer service it is almost possible to see old statements via online banking.

It was a shorty, punchy name - it did sound odd but the website seemed kosher, and they did send a letter.

Is there a list of companies insuring domestic appliances?

Try the price comparison websites. Not all of them do stand alone appliance cover as part of their activities (I believe, for example, it is beneath the dignity of aristocratic exiled Russian meerkats to offer these comparisons), but one of the others might provide trigger recollection.

bentobox

Old-Salt

Any ideas?
I use Square Trade, if that helps, or rings a bell?

Yokel

LE
Doh!

I did not realise I could view statements via mobile banking. The company I paid is called 'It's OK' - so I need to get in contact and find out what was insured. The washing machine machine and what else - if anything?

Not so long ago a nice sounding woman called Tammy kept phoning me up and offering insurance for something.

Any ideas?

What @br9mp812 said. Had that problem when junior daughter's washing machine went haywire. Rang John Lewis( who we bought it from) and they provided all the necessary details to get it fixed plus they sent a copy of the breakdown policy and cover note.

anglo

LE
Doh!

I did not realise I could view statements via mobile banking. The company I paid is called 'It's OK' - so I need to get in contact and find out what was insured. The washing machine machine and what else - if anything?

Not so long ago a nice sounding woman called Tammy kept phoning me up and offering insurance for something.
You seem to be having a streak of bad luck with all things mechanical and electrical

Yokel

LE
The manufacturer will provide a twelve month guarantee but beyond that repair or replacement has to be paid for, hence insurance. They will still provide some technical support.

You seem to be having a streak of bad luck with all things mechanical and electrical

Appliances go wrong after x years. I do seem to have a lot of bad luck, such as my career as an Engineet being pretty much dead in the water, and my other career being destroyed by some ars'le spread rumours.

Any ideas?

Go back through your bank/credit card statements to find out who you made the payment to.

To add to the fun I paid for a year in one go over the phone but it an attempt to improve customer service it is almost possible to see old statements via online banking.

It was a shorty, punchy name - it did sound odd but the website seemed kosher, and they did send a letter.

Is there a list of companies insuring domestic appliances?
Short & punchy, our fridge freezer is covered by L&G (legal & general).

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When after a year and a few days our monitor packed up,they said it was out of warranty, i contacted trading standards, they said that a monitor should last between 5-7 years, and quoted me chapter and verse, which i related to Tiny computers, they sent us a new, bigger modal a few days later. 2000.

I suspect that all white goods, under normal usage have a working life expectancy longer than the standard 1 year quoted by the seller. Extended warranty,s are not worth the paper they are written on.

Note:- Many years ago a home security company were prosecuted. All of their home security systems were failing a month after the standard warrenty Ended. One home owner found out that an extra circuit board had been added by the installer, which automatically shut down the system after 13 months. Requiring a costly call out. The company, by order of the court, had to visit every home and remove them. It was prosecuted under the trade description act. It went out of business.

chimera

LE
Good luck:

The reviews are either 1* or 5*, the latter, I would suggest, given the similar style and wording, being written by the company itself.

Keep us updated on how you get on.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
Now that is what I call a quick response. I sent the them an e-mail last night, and just a moment ago they phoned me up to say that they would send the policy documents by both mail and e-mail.

Washing machine, fridge freezer, and oven all covered.

Latest Threads