Cannon MP190 Error, Ink Refill

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by carlbcfc, Feb 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So I have this Cannon MP190 printer which came with 1 colour, 1 black cartridge. They ran out so I used a syringe refill kit, which baffled me as I could not get them to work untill I found out I had to hold the reset button for 5sec to overide.

After using for a few weeks, I now have it saying it does not recognize the cartridges, my colour, black & error button are flashing, along with error code E5.

Anyone have a clue, I have googled it with no luck.

2. Im not sure about Cannon but I know HP Printer Cartridges have a chip on them that records how many copies the Cartridge has done so if you re fill it.... as soon as it has done what it considers to be its print quota it will just stop... I suspect it might be a similar problem.....

3. Surely forcing you to buy their cartridges is illigal. If for example, if Ford made you buy Ford made parts only, they would end up in the shite?

4. You would think so wouldnt you.... but as they dont actually prevent you from re filling the cartridge I expect its loop hole as ever paid for by us....