cannabis?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by fatiguedsheep, Jun 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I take it class A drugs are not tolerated. But what are the army's views on enjoying the odd spliff, Basicly I enjoy relaxing to some weed instead of getting an aching hangover from a pissup, i do drink but I say cannabis is a better alternative in my opinion.

Since squaddies seem to like getting fired up on booze is weed frowned upon in the army? Does anyone smoke atall? What would happen if you got caught?
    Obviously I'd never even think about toking on duty but say if i had one on the weekend then a random drugs test came about. If some people serving could inform me , cheers.

2. RMP would set up a Joint operation.

3. In an attempt to WEED out undesirables.

4. Don't worry too much.
    Before the SIB turn up the Regimental clock usually goes bong.

(Thats Alfie Noakes folks).

5. And don't forget:
    Never grass on your mates!

6. what a dope.

7. I can feel the gravitational pull of the Arrsehole getting stronger................

8. You should consider turning over a new leaf.

If you get caught, you could claim it was planted on you....

9. Take up snooker instead.
    It's a great buzz when you get a pot.

10. Seriously though.
    If you do join up,be very wary of the US Air Force.
    You could get Bombed.

11. Is this a wahh?
    Because he seems serious enough....

12. Alright no need to take the piss, i guess it's not tolerated. Seems a little weird to me your free to get plastered,get loud and start fights on the pissup but they'll do you for having a spliff on leave. I supose I'll have to stop before if i ever decide a career into the forces.

I still don't know why some of you have a medievil approach to weed though, if your from an older generation then i understand but some people on here act as if it's some kind of devil class A drug, chill out.
    I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere the isreali army gives it's troops marijuana to help them relax and deal with comabt stress, there army isn't in ruins is it? Alcohol is just much as a drug as cannabis, even more harmful, I think your a bit of a hypocrit if you get hammered often but think weed is bad. Whats the drug people are influenced on when theres trouble at night in the centre of every city and town in the UK > alcohol. Whens the last time you saw someone stoned starting fights are causing vandalism?

Sorry about the rant but you get my point.

13. Fatigued sheep, I know soo many people from my area, who are on it all the time, and it's changed them, in a bad way. And they're a bit weird aswell.

My advice, stay away from any illegal drug you throbber.

Who would want to be on an operation with some drugged up nob fighting alongside them?

14. Fatigued sheep.
    I'm surprised that you might have thought HM Forces tolerate drug use.
    It has nothing to do with medieval attitudes and everything to do with accepting a new set of rules and laws when you sign the dotted line.