• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

cannabis?

I take it class A drugs are not tolerated. But what are the army's views on enjoying the odd spliff, Basicly I enjoy relaxing to some weed instead of getting an aching hangover from a pissup, i do drink but I say cannabis is a better alternative in my opinion.

Since squaddies seem to like getting fired up on booze is weed frowned upon in the army? Does anyone smoke atall? What would happen if you got caught?
Obviously I'd never even think about toking on duty but say if i had one on the weekend then a random drugs test came about. If some people serving could inform me , cheers.

fatiguedsheep said:
I take it class A drugs are not tolerated. But what are the army's views on enjoying the odd spliff, Basicly I enjoy relaxing to some weed instead of getting an aching hangover from a pissup, i do drink but I say cannabis is a better alternative in my opinion.

Since squaddies seem to like getting fired up on booze is weed frowned upon in the army? Does anyone smoke atall? What would happen if you got caught?
Obviously I'd never even think about toking on duty but say if i had one on the weekend then a random drugs test came about. If some people serving could inform me , cheers.
Is this a wahh?
Because he seems serious enough....

Alright no need to take the piss, i guess it's not tolerated. Seems a little weird to me your free to get plastered,get loud and start fights on the pissup but they'll do you for having a spliff on leave. I supose I'll have to stop before if i ever decide a career into the forces.

I still don't know why some of you have a medievil approach to weed though, if your from an older generation then i understand but some people on here act as if it's some kind of devil class A drug, chill out.
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere the isreali army gives it's troops marijuana to help them relax and deal with comabt stress, there army isn't in ruins is it? Alcohol is just much as a drug as cannabis, even more harmful, I think your a bit of a hypocrit if you get hammered often but think weed is bad. Whats the drug people are influenced on when theres trouble at night in the centre of every city and town in the UK > alcohol. Whens the last time you saw someone stoned starting fights are causing vandalism?

Sorry about the rant but you get my point.

Fatigued sheep, I know soo many people from my area, who are on it all the time, and it's changed them, in a bad way. And they're a bit weird aswell.

My advice, stay away from any illegal drug you throbber.

Who would want to be on an operation with some drugged up nob fighting alongside them?

Fatigued sheep.
I'm surprised that you might have thought HM Forces tolerate drug use.
It has nothing to do with medieval attitudes and everything to do with accepting a new set of rules and laws when you sign the dotted line.

fatiguedsheep said:
Alright no need to take the urine, i guess it's not tolerated. Seems a little weird to me your free to get plastered,get loud and start fights on the pissup but they'll do you for having a spliff on leave. I supose I'll have to stop before if i ever decide a career into the forces.

I still don't know why some of you have a medievil approach to weed though, if your from an older generation then i understand but some people on here act as if it's some kind of devil class A drug, chill out.
I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere the isreali army gives it's troops marijuana to help them relax and deal with comabt stress, there army isn't in ruins is it? Alcohol is just much as a drug as cannabis, even more harmful, I think your a bit of a hypocrit if you get hammered often but think weed is bad. Whats the drug people are influenced on when theres trouble at night in the centre of every city and town in the UK > alcohol. Whens the last time you saw someone stoned starting fights are causing vandalism?
If you drink 3 times a week, you're fairly unlikely to develop depression, schizophrenia, an altered personality, a taste for the Grateful Dead.

Yes alcohol makes you a mong, but its a different type of mong, with generally none of the long term side effects of cannabis. Besides, weed is a sh't drug. its too expensive, its not social, inasmuch as you pick up a bird when your stoned, dance like a t'wat and everyone that smokes it eventually becomes a boring cnut.

Now, Christal Meth, that's a drug...

Well It wouldn't even cross my mind to take it on an operation or on duty anywhere for that matter, I get the point that the forces don't tolerate drug use, but i was just a bit sceptical what would happen if I were to have 1 or 2 spliffs on the odd weekend/leave.

fatiguedsheep said:
Well It wouldn't even cross my mind to take it on an operation or on duty anywhere for that matter, I get the point that the forces don't tolerate drug use, but i was just a bit sceptical what would happen if I were to have 1 or 2 spliffs on the odd weekend/leave.
Cannabis stays in the system for ages.
If you were to have a spliff on a weekend leave you might get tested a month or so later,then bingo,an interview with the lovelies from SIB without coffee and a strong chance of a stint at the MCTC hotel in Colchester,probably followed by discharge.
Don't bother with it.
The Army isn't a liberal organisation,its a traditionalist one and it aint going to change that part of its outlook any time soon.

Latest Threads