Cancel Culture

True enough.

I just thought that for once, why doesn't a game portray a black man as someone who bucks the stereotype?

Same with trailer trash - just go for the lowest common denominator.

Well, that's largely what makes the GTA games funny. Everything is stereotyped and satirised, from radio stations to New Age cults.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Well, that's largely what makes the GTA games funny. Everything is stereotyped and satirised, from radio stations to New Age cults.
Yeah, although I thought the radio stations were lacking when compared to older GTA games.

Ecosse

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well done John.
Almost up there with Jordan Peterson putting another little upstart back in the box.
She really ought to have done homework on Cleese, or did and she is just as thick as a fallen Sequoia.

Quote:
"Karishma had no interest in a discussion with me. She wanted only the role of prosecutor. The BBC needs to train her again."

Frankly, anyone who tries to best Cleese even in his advanced age and attempts to point score & manipulate him deserve what they get.

Last edited:
I found this podcast quite interesting but can't really find a better home for it.
That said the description of German companies booting high ranking, high performing Jewish managers despite their being no legal requirement to do certainly belongs here.

Posted yesterday:

https://en-volve.com/2022/05/23/the-...are-oppressive

The National Science Teachers Assoc Just BANNED Use Of Words Including ‘Mother’, ‘Father’, ‘Man’ And ‘Woman’ Because They Are ‘Oppressive’

The world’s largest association of science teachers has released a guide for science teachers on “anti-oppression” vocabulary, which includes instructions to refer to men as “XY individuals” and fathers as “persons with testes.”

(These people are seriously mentally ill... not a joke.)

Posted yesterday:

https://en-volve.com/2022/05/23/the-...are-oppressive

The National Science Teachers Assoc Just BANNED Use Of Words Including ‘Mother’, ‘Father’, ‘Man’ And ‘Woman’ Because They Are ‘Oppressive’

(These people are seriously mentally ill... not a joke.)
You do realise that that site is 10% anti-vaxer moonhowling and 90% clickbait. Even they themselves realise that their selective headline is probably misleading.

In their own words;
It is important to keep this guide in its proper context. The guide does not call for mandatory rules in schools barring the use of these terms.

You do realise that that site is 10% anti-vaxer moonhowling and 90% clickbait. Even they themselves realise that their selective headline is probably misleading.

In their own words;

It's a crappy website, but here it is from the horses mouth so to speak.

Gender-Inclusive Biology: A framework in action

It's a fair assessment to say some/many of these people, when you actually sit down and read about their actions and tragic consequences (John Money for example), are mentally ill, and the normal people are trying to stop the most impressionable/least aware of consequences of making irreversible permanent decisions that the mentally ill are saying are good, just because these people hate themselves and want everyone else to buy into their delusion.

Last edited:
There isn’t a thread on this specifically titled and I put it in the Hole as I prefer it more weapons free than the serious parts. I know about statues and other things are about before you lynch me.

ARRSE has always sailed close to the wind, the mods do a good job but Cancel Culture is like a tsunami and hurricane (and a cancer).

Surely it is not long before those who are offended, serially offended, offended by proxie, offended 20 years later, will start to hunt on the internet history and use taxpayers money to witch hunt people to satisfy their desire to not work and seek a living being offended?

There doesn’t seem to be any cases of these offendeds being told to do one, right now, the wet, hand wringing and dripping quims are pandering to the snake shit.

Even at work, you cannot tell a wet fart to man the fcuk up and wind their neck in, in the last 12 months at work, I have seen a 400% increase in complaints (not being dramatic, 4 complaints lodged with HR for comments made in a meeting not directly at anyone).

I am so disheartened about this shit right now and surely are the majority of innocent people, when will this shit end?
It will never end. It's just the latest chapter in the history of the western democratic nations.

They'll go along with it anyway.

Some will for fear of their jobs if it becomes policy. Many will ignore it and go through the motions such as : this is an XY but you are more familiar with the word man or father so we will use that this term. Yet others will actively try to circumvent it with humour and sarcasm. These latter are usually the ones that are kept whatever they do or say ( within reason.... ) because they get good results and don't want to climb the greasy pole.

Imagine the fun to have with XYY XXY Xo XXYYXx and so on.

I do agree that there is a cultural battle going on and I do have my concerns

I have looked through the paper.

I won't look through it again. It is make work for pseudo intellectuals who have the time to rehash old ideas. An active teacher or lecturer would not have the time for this.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Some will for fear of their jobs if it becomes policy. Many will ignore it and go through the motions such as : this is an XY but you are more familiar with the word man or father so we will use that this term. Yet others will actively try to circumvent it with humour and sarcasm. These latter are usually the ones that are kept whatever they do or say ( within reason.... ) because they get good results and don't want to climb the greasy pole.

Imagine the fun to have with XYY XXY Xo XXYYXx and so on.

I do agree that there is a cultural battle going on and I do have my concerns

I have looked through the paper.

I won't look through it again. It is make work for pseudo intellectuals who have the time to rehash old ideas. An active teacher or lecturer would not have the time for this.
Papers like that do demonstrate the lie that the culture war is a right-wing instigation, however. In a paper about 'how to teach biology', none of the priorities or suggestions mention either the facts, scientific opinion, experimental findings or truth. It does talk a lot about how information should be presented in order to have the desired social impact.

The second one of those is the clear prioritising of cultural and social perspectives over other concerns (like delivering accurate information, or teaching how to approach a problem scientifically). Given, I'm betting, this association is not a resoundingly right wing group, that is instigating "the culture wars" in an area - education - that should ideally be neutral ground.

Papers like that do demonstrate the lie that the culture war is a right-wing instigation, however. In a paper about 'how to teach biology', none of the priorities or suggestions mention either the facts, scientific opinion, experimental findings or truth. It does talk a lot about how information should be presented in order to have the desired social impact.

The second one of those is the clear prioritising of cultural and social perspectives over other concerns (like delivering accurate information, or teaching how to approach a problem scientifically). Given, I'm betting, this association is not a resoundingly right wing group, that is instigating "the culture wars" in an area - education - that should ideally be neutral ground.

Agreed.

One would think that Biology would be free of this sort of thing. It is a science/a working methodology that uses scientific method.

There has been a tendency to re write Biology over the last thirty years ago to conform to fashion. It is usualy minor. For example, the old text books would claim that humans pair bonded for life whereas books from the nineties stated that this was most likely for 5 years in order to give survivability to the offspring. An assumption based on current fashion. Not on known evidence in either context.

The facts available in teaching up to age 18 in UK are quite simple and I agree that this sort of paper is more an expression of political opinion rather than Biological fact. It happens whenever people go off the evidential and start shoving their own opinions in.

Shame on them.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
The facts available in teaching up to age 18 in UK are quite simple and I agree that this sort of paper is more an expression of political opinion rather than Biological fact. It happens whenever people go off the evidential and start shoving their own opinions in.

Shame on them.
Not just that, but the relative importance it is being afforded. The paper's focus on 'gender diversity' in human biology is a bit like teaching the genetics of eye colour by spending 80% of your time on heterochromia. It totally ignores the actual (tiny) prevalence of the issue, which is in itself extremely misleading, and gives an impression that it is much more important than it is. Which, in the case of gender, looks very likely to be contributing to social contagion and making it more likely for children to think this is them. It's a continuous feature of every social panic we've seen for decades: satanic child abuse, vaccine autism, and so on.

When a news article covers a topic by focusing exclusively on the least likely and most sensational aspect of it, we call it misinformation or conspiracy thinking. When a teachers' association does the same, what should we call it?

When a news article covers a topic by focusing exclusively on the least likely and most sensational aspect of it, we call it misinformation or conspiracy thinking. When a teachers' association does the same, what should we call it?
Insanity perhaps.

Insanity indeed, but it has a underlying tactic, to undermine any criticism of said articles as 'Sarastro' points out as "misinformation or conspiracy thinking". Thus allowing the introduction of doubt, this is all part of the classic Soviet 'subversion model', as discussed by Yuri Bezmenov as part of 'demoralisation phase'.

Now I have mentioned and posited many times that while the 'Cold War' Soviet Union has dissolved, and are no longer running the subversion model, many of those who during the cold war were batting for Communism, didn't give up once the wall fell.

During the Cold War the west allowed far to many of its enemies to infiltrate not only the secured areas of weapons and strategic development, which sadly history has shown despite those discovered there where far more infiltrations than perhaps wider society thought.

Equally dangerous than the covert security services agents of foreign powers, has been those who entered at low levels the institutes of state and societal development allowing them free reign to advance and throw spanners into the working of state and society.

If they did not throw spanners they instead allowed and encouraged the advancement of midwits particularly in the sphere of academia... Thus doubling their efforts in advancing the undermining of academia, to such a extent that the educations system seems to turn out far more 'Gender Studies' graduates and the like than medical doctors, engineers or other productive members of society.

The dumbing down of Society has been encouraged by many, who should know better but, let us be honest they are a product of an academia, that has been subverted.

The above is of course a massive over simplification in some part, and could by citing Yuri Bezmenov, be called "anti communist conspirational thinking".

So in trying too point out the obvious 'Insanity' of what is being done... There lies the rub.

Latest Threads