Canary Gold

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Rockhopperst4, Oct 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone else on the above exercise this christmas? Sounds like a nice way to get some sun over the holiday period. I'm down for the 20 Dec to 3 Jan leg.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

All I'll say is you lucky b*******

Done it twice.

Brilliant time on both occasions. Even got a wife out of the 2nd one..... Hmm, does that class as a success? :D

Great sailing, run ins with Spanish fishing boat, nightlife wasn't too bad either.

Aren't many exercises as good as this one.
  3. Absolute cracker! I enjoyed not having to see relatives at Christmas! I was on the leg directly before yours a few years ago and had an ace time. Still laugh at one guy who claimed to his parents he would be away until 2 Jan when we all got back 20 Dec!
  4. I'm really looking forward to it. Never been sailing before but the chance of getting away from the UK at Christmas was too good to turn down!
    Was there much down time? I'm hoping to do a bit of scuba diving while i'm out there if possible.
    (picking up a wife might be a bonus as well!!)
  5. I think I got a day off, obviously depends as you'll have Christmas off no doubt! There are scuba places around, but depends where you moor up. Top tip - bring a pillowcase, you can stuff a fleece in it and bingo.

Also, nice weather or no, bring warm kit. It gets cold on watch in the middle of the night! If in doubt give JSASTC a cal - they can be very helpful!