Canadians joining British army.

I've been trying to find information online about this but I can find much.

What kind of visa do you need, (and how do you get it) to join the British army from Canada.
Thanks in advance.

What kind of visa do you need, (and how do you get it) to join the British army from Canada.
Thanks in advance.
You'll be treated and paid better in the Canadian military.

Thanks in advance.
Contact the British Consulate in Toronto, they can give you the requirements and paperwork necessary for a Canadian seeking a UK Visa.

You'll be treated and paid better in the Canadian military.
Could you elaborate on that please?
One thing I've heard about Canadian army is that each soldier is only alloted 49 rounds, per year.
I find it would be hard to become proficient in a weapon with so little firing time.

Could you elaborate on that please?
One thing I've heard about Canadian army is that each soldier is only alloted 49 rounds, per year.
I find it would be hard to become proficient in a weapon with so little firing time.
Where did you hear that?
If you join anything other than teeth arms in the British army, its quite possible you will only fire about 60 rounds a year on your annual test.

I'll elaborate on the pay and treatment by saying my wife is ex Canadian forces and my two step sons are serving Canadian forces, they were/are treated and paid far better.

Where did you hear that?
If you join anything other than teeth arms in the British army, its quite possible you will only fire about 60 rounds a year on your annual test.

I'll elaborate on the pay and treatment by saying my wife is ex Canadian forces and my two step sons are serving Canadian forces, they were/are treated and paid far better.
Maybe he needs more action....I dunno where the Brits are deployed or planning to deploy again, but people do go for that kind of stuff more than just pay. I did.

Maybe he needs more action....I dunno where the Brits are deployed or planning to deploy again, but people do go for that kind of stuff more than just pay. I did.
I want action, I want to see combat.
I've always been combat focused since I was a wee lad.
I planned on joining the infantry.

Not of much comfort to @VulcanRipper but, on the sister site Rum Ration, the feedback to a recent (Dec 2018) overseas/commonwealther from the RN recruiting system was to be very patient.
Apparently the sole person processing that ilk had circa 2,000 applications awaiting attention but whether those had applied to the RN alone or to all 3 services is unclear*.

(The RN recruiting guru @Ninja_Stoker has recently moved on from his RN Careers role but he might be along to respond with a SITREP on the wider implications of this logjam.)

*https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/applying-as-a-commonwealth-citizen.172579/#post-1426380

Thanks in advance.
If you are serious about being infantry, and serious about wanting to to have action and see combat, join your own forces as infantry. Once you have been in for 2 years, you can apply to join CSOR as a Cat 1 Operator.

You seem to have the bearing of an alpha, and possibly the ability for critical thinking which still needs some development, and at least an appetite for challenges which you are yet to fully understand. If you prove to be mentally and physically capable, you will find quite a lot of opportunities for training and operations.

You will find yourself training with units like the Irish Army Ranger Wing, SFSG (UK), and 1st SFG (US) over here at Ft Lewis. In the International Special Forces Competition held in Jordan in '13 CSOR placed 3rd. CSOR has been on operations since it's inception in '06. First in Afghanistan until '14, and since '14 in Iraq and Syria on Operation Impact.

Better treatment, better pay, and you get all the good toys. The only downside is living at Petawawa when your not out playing.

There was a story done on it a year ago I think.
It was titled, "the sorry state of the Canadian military" I believe.
Didn't see the thread but it sounds like you could apply that to parts of the British Army.
Currently there are few deployments and little money for training.
if you really want to join make sure it's for reasons that you know are true. Otherwise you will be sat on stag, bored to tears for the next four years.

Not of much comfort to @VulcanRipper but, on the sister site Rum Ration, the feedback to a recent (Dec 2018) overseas/commonwealther from the RN recruiting system was to be very patient.
Apparently the sole person processing that ilk had circa 2,000 applications awaiting attention but whether those had applied to the RN alone or to all 3 services is unclear*.

(The RN recruiting guru @Ninja_Stoker has recently moved on from his RN Careers role but he might be along to respond with a SITREP on the wider implications of this logjam.)

*https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/applying-as-a-commonwealth-citizen.172579/#post-1426380
@VulcanRipper The Royal Marines (Royal Navy infantry/Sea soldiers) are recruiting Commonwealth citizens at present, due to the fact they can waiver the 5 year UK residency requirement for Commonwealth Citizens. The Royal Navy overseas desk at London Armed Forces Careers Office will advise what, if any Visa is required. More here: Commonwealth Citizens - Apply Now

I'm fairly sure Army Recruiting will soon follow suit (if they aren't already) with regard permitting a waiver of the 5 year UK residency requirement.

I want action, I want to see combat.
I've always been combat focused since I was a wee lad.
I planned on joining the infantry.
Hotspur, eh? :? As someone once said, once you've seen the elephant, you don't want to see it again, but please yourself.Every army is looking for eager young chaps like you.

Latest Threads