• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

canadians in bearskins on da telly

well the Queens there Colonel in Chief, and maybe an adult who knows what they're on about can correct me but I think that the govnor general acts in place of the Queen
Quite right, H.M. the Queen in right of Canada is represented by the Governor General. He serves as the viceroy, providing Royal Assent to bills that have passed Parliament, signing commissions and when needed revoking commissions. Currently the GG is His Excellency, The Right Honourable David Johnston, CC. He is a legal scholar and retired university president. A fine gentleman and a great hockey player when he was a student at Harvard. He has all the powers of the Queen except when she is in Canada.
For details check The Governor General of Canada | Le gouverneur général du Canada

thought as much I know it used to be the case that a sitting judge would have to leave the area when the monarch was there as there couldn't be two kings/queens in the one place

Z

Zarathustra

not sure they havn't in the past I have a weird 1/2 memory of reading such a thing, and they've been in the UK at some point as wiki has a pic of them training over here
My first Coy 2IC was a captain from the CGG, don't think we've had any come over for a few years though

The GG of Canada met Her Majesty last summer and was invested (think that is what they call it) on October 1st.

His first official trip as GG was to Afghanistan to visit her Majesties Canadian Forces deployed there.

Edited to add: There are pics of him in Afghanistan on the website.

Z

Zarathustra

don't know how old the pic is but theres guys in cadpat with SA80s
Looks fairly recent, I know we've not had any exchange type visits recently though the caption for that photo says they were on an exchange with us, might have been with our incremental coy, but i've been out of the loop for a couple of years

Latest Threads