• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

"Canadian" buttons ?

Does anyone out there know how I can obtain the type of buttons that are used on combat smocks . we used to call them "Canadian buttons". The type that have slots with tape through them, the tape being sewn to the garment to secure the button. I have tried searching on the web with no luck.

Any helpful sugestions would be most appreciated.
(As I am now retired, the QMs is out).

Cheers all.
Hi BZ,

Many thanks for the info. I have been on to Johnsons, but they do'nt

have any left.

They called them "combat '95 buttons", is this the correct name ?

Kind Regards

Glyn 0956
Oopps Mis-read the thread and thought it said 'Canadian Bottoms' - alluding to the at 1st glance stunning ladies in the Med Hat area, beautifully proportioned ladies until they stand up and then its a case of 'where the fcuk did that come from?", pare shaped ladies who must have to rub paper on the back of their necks just to wipe their arses - Alberta Bottom I think the term is.

Anyway as for buttons - most decent amry and navy stores should tsock them or similar.
If you buy a Web-Tex sewing kit from your local surplus shop it comes with a supply of spare buttons and tape.

Hope this helps.

Latest Threads