Canada tells squealing greenies to stuff Kyoto

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Dec 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

First the Euro now Kyoto. Christmas must be coming.

Canada pulls out of Kyoto protocol - Telegraph

Interesting that the fantasies of the rich elites and the socially oppressive are falling by the wayside following repeated injections of reality into the rest of the population. Why do we always have to be broke before we smell the coffee?
  2. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

My cynical side says it's more like they knew they were going to be fined 58 million dollars and jumped to save the money.

Then I wondered where these fines go and what they pay for. More Lear Jets and Mercedes for the rich people in poor countries? And what's the environmental impact of all these 'environment summits'?

On the whole I'd say 'good on 'em'.
    • Like Like x 1

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Being Cannucks, they'll probably spend the money on the environment anyway but where it'll do some good. Hopefully the risk of using Canadian polar bears will cause us to be spared further propaganda of that type from the WWF.

Another small victory for sanity.
  4. The announcement has caused all the left wing tree huggers in the government and media over here to spew enough hot air into the atmosphere that half our polar ice cap melted. :)
  5. Watched an interesting documentary recently about the Great White North.

While the tree huggers are running round panicking about Knut and his mates, the Cannucks are looking forward to a huge economic bonanza as one of the world most mineral rich areas, aka Canada, becomes accessible.

As for the Inuit? Some tree hugging idiot was bewailing 'the loss of a unique way of life'…*Nannook made it quite plain he thought the bloke was bloody barking and was looking forward to the oil bonanza and a new pickup truck.
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Good for the Moose Botherers for telling the lying climate change tossers to do one. I can only hope the 500 people laid off from Alcan in Blyth (and the estimated 3,000 in the supply chain) due to the poxy environmental levy imposed by our last spineless Government apply for Canadian citizenship.

And let us hope that when they get to the frozen wastes and go clubbing, the DJ has Seal in his box.
  7. The beard and sandal brigade are only upset because it's now Kyoto interruptus for them, as we're no longer willing to bend over and grab our ankles.

Now can we just be left alone to finish off the harp seals?
  8. Better yet put Suzucki and the NDP MPs on the ice flows in the Gulf of St Lawrence and let the Newfs have some real fun. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  9. I rather like the idea of signing up for something, and bailing out when it might get you fined.

Should have done it here. Good for them says I.

14,500 people go to Durban for a climate summit; what is their Carbon footprint? Have the do-gooding twats not heard of video conferencing? Or is it nice in Durban this time of year?
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I admire the way you think, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The picture with the article says ... oops, I must stop there or there will be a knock on the door tonight.
  12. Well, it's the middle of summer, and everyone will be on the beaches... some having travelled 500 miles to go on holiday.
  13. I used to love that ol' David Essex tune - "Me and and my girl, seal clubbing. Me and my girl, out on the ice"
  14. First Cameron tells the EU to bog off, next the Canadians withdraw from the climate accord,

These things (if you believe it) run in three's so what's next at this festive period....
  15. Boldnotold

Boldnotold LE Book Reviewer

I was wondering that myself, beemer. Maybe some politicians are realising that the world does not run by focus groups alone!