Canada - possible U boat find in Newfoundland river

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by DavidBOC, Jul 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I note that the fellow from the German embassy was quoted as saying, "More than a dozen U-boats may still be unaccounted for".

Does anyone here have more accurate information than that? I would have thought the number may have been higher.

2. Matthew Mc Conaughy's yer man.

[​IMG]

3. Commander U-184, 1942: "Vee are heffing enough off zis vor already! So vee are sailing in ze big river und ze little house on ze prairie spielen!"

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ich bien ein lumberjack undt Ich ist ok.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Ich trink alle nacht, und schlafe der tag...

6. They were probably all gay, I mean let's face it, matelots, little peaked caps, confined spaces with other men, leather uniforms, water tight glory hole doors in the bulkheads, well chutney all of them...transvestite lumberjacks aside....I wouldn't be surprised if theres a few missing boats rusting under Brighton pier and another five were probably weighed in in Edinborough!

7. Did any of them reach their promised land, known as Upper Dicker ?

8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Just goes to show - all that hogwash about Adolf ending his days as an estate agent in Bolivia, when all along he was a storekeeper in Canada. This uboat obviously took him there in '45 and then was scuttled to preserve the truth. I mean, who would look for him in a town called Churchill?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Attached Files:

10. Shirley we mustn't discount the theory that it is one of the second-hand Upholders sorry, Victorias we offloaded onto the Canucks?

11. HHH

HHH LE