Canada Goes to Pot

Odd one. I am considering in investing in a Canadian company, listed on the Canadian stock market that is in the weed market. This would be via a U.K. broker, all legit and legal. Now when I make a profit a % will have to be paid to the Inland Revenue, so the IR will be taxing me on something that’s illegal in the U.K.

How’s that work then.

Half baked in the back officeeee.
Illegality is no bar to taxation of any profits arising.

Odd one. I am considering in investing in a Canadian company, listed on the Canadian stock market that is in the weed market. This would be via a U.K. broker, all legit and legal. Now when I make a profit a % will have to be paid to the Inland Revenue, so the IR will be taxing me on something that’s illegal in the U.K.

How’s that work then.

Half baked in the back officeeee.
In relation to this, rather interesting snippet on 2 Yesterday saying wait before you leap. Mentioned the Tulip investors case in Holland some centuries ago who lost a mint, vaguely recall something about that. The markets didn't work as anticipated. But apparently there are various modifications to the make up which vary. The answer to your question IIRC, if the product is legal in other countries, the profit you make is legal, therefore cannot be POCA. The question of importation is irrelevant so long as you don't try to import without the relevant licences.

Forgot they even came out with a movie. Have to watch it at some point.

The two TV shows I liked were Trailer Park Boys and Corner Gas.
Well, if you really want to party with Bubbles and the Shitrockers, maybe their cruise to the Bahamas might be of interest.....
40CB97AB-43A7-4261-BF4C-536BE4AB684D.jpeg

Excellent sales strategy by that Girl Guide. I have a Godchild who is a Girl Scout in Connecticut. I will send a link to this article and maybe she can be the champion cookie seller in her troop.

The union representing the Calgary police are filing a grievance over police personnel being banned from smoking pot even while off duty.
Calgary Police Association files grievance over cannabis ban for officers | CBC News
The union representing Calgary police has filed a grievance over a blanket ban on officers using cannabis.

Current rules prohibit officers from consuming marijuana, even when they're not on duty.

Calgary Police Association president Les Kaminski says the ban goes too far, now that recreational pot is legal.
This appears to be a Calgary police rule, as police in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal are allowed to smoke pot while off duty.
Police officers in Vancouver, Ottawa and Montreal are allowed to consume while off duty.
It's 2018 and the biggest concern the police have over pot is when some of their members are not allowed to smoke it.

I had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance last evening who happens to dabble in the growing of the marijuana. With all the national news about a shortage of weed since legalization, his sales have quadrupled 4 fold in a matter of days and he is contemplating raising his prices. He pointed out that when most people buy weed, they want to get it from someone they know rather than strangers, so he has been swamped by those buying for others who are still trying to hide the fact they want to try it.

I had an interesting conversation with an acquaintance last evening who happens to dabble in the growing of the marijuana. With all the national news about a shortage of weed since legalization, his sales have quadrupled 4 fold in a matter of days and he is contemplating raising his prices. He pointed out that when most people buy weed, they want to get it from someone they know rather than strangers, so he has been swamped by those buying for others who are still trying to hide the fact they want to try it.
Lucky to be able accommodate a 1600% increase in demand. Must have quite the weed farm!