Canada Day Tomorrow.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Flagrantviolator, Jun 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please tell your favourite stories about my fair country, and raise a pint to the True North Strong and Free. Cheers.
  2. I went skiing in Panorama. I had to trek miles one night to find a restaurant that had vegetables on the menu! There was only so much onion rings/burgers/chicken wings/pizzas etc that I could take.
  3. HHH

HHH LE

Should you not have typed this in French??
    Or did you use Google translate, to save us doing it ??

4. Hmmm chicken wings, that well known vegtable!
  5. A tip o' the lid to our Northern brothers. They don't seem to take disappointment awfully well though. ;-) :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. Is that the Stanley Cup?
  7. Yup. I admire how tasteful and understated it is.
    Re Canada. Congratulations to our brothers across the seas. My favourite tale of Canada is the time I went round the Steam Whistle Brewery and kept drinking. Ended up at Hooters. That was a good day.
  8. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Attached Files:

9. Top tip.When meeting a canuck,always ask them what part of America they are from.They always laugh and end up buying the beers.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Make sure you refer to their national sport as Ice hockey, not just hockey. The love that and don't make a big deal of it.

Happy Canada Day btw.
  11. Rucker, as far as I'm concerned Boston is more Canadian than the patchouli-reeking, dope-addled, dreadlocked faggots that populate Vancouver. Bruins win suits me just fine.
    So's ya know, eh?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. First - Happy Canada Day to all Canadian Arrser's . And to all Canadian Forces currently deployed in harms way.

Just sent emails to my Canadian friends and my wonderful Canadian godchildren. (just hope they don't blind each other with firecrackers!!)

Second - Must be a special Canada Day for Canadians with HRH's Prince William and Princess Kate visiting. I saw the Governor General and his family greeting them on TV and looked to be a wonderful event.

Ruckerwocman - just love that pic of Tim Thomas kissing the cup. No one deserves it more than Tim. Awesome goalie. BTW For the record, Boston does have more Canadians on their team than Vancouver. Vancouver has a lot of Scandanavian players like the Sedin sisters (Oh, they're male??, sorry, watching them play I thought they were girls<grin>)

Travelgall - Cup started as the bowl on top. They kept adding to the base for names of the winners.

Of course Lord Stanley donated The Cup shortly before he became Earl of Derby. Could have been the Derby Cup but that sounds like a horse race. The current earl's teenage son is the current Lord Stanley.

And I hope Canadians will excuse someone from Boston being excites about The Cup.
  13. Happy Canada Day to us. It is being made better by having Royalty in the form of Will and Kate to celebrate with us, they are absolutely delightful. Also, the combat mission for our Canadian troops have ended officially today. Last Canadian combat troops leaving Afghanistan - CTV News It will be good to have our troops back in Canada and out of harms' way (mostly). Whether the war was worth it will be decided by others more knowledgeable than I.

As far as the Stanley Cup is concerned, here in Calgary, we can't stand the Vancouver Canucks. It may not have been very patriotic but many of us were actively cheering for the Boston Bruins and are very glad that they won. I am with you re the Sedin Sisters. Punched 6 times and no reaction? You call yourself a hockey player? Shame!! I love Tim Thomas, he is just great. We had to choke and cheer for Luongo last year at the Olympics. Glad we won the Gold Medal but no way we would ever cheer for him again. Also we hate the Canucks even more after their stupid fans rioted in Vancouver. Gave all of Canada a black eye and made us a laughing stock of the world. Idiots.

Anyway, Happy Canada Day to us again.

YouTube - &#x202a;Canada&#39;s New Tourism Ad After Stanley Cup Loss&#x202c;&rlm;

Jimmy Kimmel flubbed it though. It should have said f**k off, eh!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. happy canada day , spent 15 wonderful years in London ontario , and 24 yrs married to a canadian.
  15. wedge_cadman

wedge_cadman War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Happy Canada Day.
    The only country I've visited that I thought yes I could live here.