Canada arrests Huawei’s global chief financial officer in Vancouver

So I make a conclusion that you quoted.
As for alleged violation of ms.Meng rights then it is a separate matter. Even if her rights were violated then she could demand official apologies, material compensation but it is not an obstacle for extradition.
Send your agents round to answer some questions under caution, if it turns out that we want to keep them a bit longer for a trial then we’ll send our apologies

In my opinion all requirements (written in the Canadian law for extradition) in the case with ms.Meng are satisfied.
You may disagree with this opinion. So you may point to this or that specific requirement that is not satisfied. For me such an information would be very interesting.
You may agree with my opinion. But in this case why do you need any quote?
My source is in fact random one

So the basic requirement of Canadian extradition law is satisfied. Also I haven't heard that Meng's lawyers claimed that any other (maybe minor) requirements are not satisfied (correct me if I'm wrong).
So I make a conclusion that you quoted.
As for alleged violation of ms.Meng rights then it is a separate matter. Even if her rights were violated then she could demand official apologies, material compensation but it is not an obstacle for extradition.
You have asked me this question several times already, and I have outlined the steps to you in reply. Go back and look at our previous conversations on this topic. You don't have to go further back than the previous couple of pages, so don't come back with the excuse that there are too many posts to look through. You just have to look at your posts where you asked the question and my posts where I answered you.

As to whether or not Ms. Meng choses to use all the avenues of appeal that are open to her in order to avoid extradition is her choice and her right.

You have asked me this question several times already...
Frankly speaking I don't understand what my question do you mean. In my previous post I didn't ask you about anything. I myself tried to answer your question about a quote from reputable source.
To close the theme with questions, just regard all my previous ones as rhetorical questions - as a way, as a method to express my point of view. Now I outline it in a direct form.
In my opinion the line chosen by Canadian government in the Meng's case is illogical, voided clear objective and doubtful from point of view of international treaties signed by Canada. One and half year to resolve the double criminality question is disproportionally long time interval. I would like to recall The International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights signed by many countries including Canada
Article 9
3. Anyone arrested or detained on a criminal charge shall be brought promptly before a judge or other officer authorized by law to exercise judicial power and shall be entitled to trial within a reasonable time or to release.
In my opinion the time in the Meng's case is not reasonable at all. Especially taking into account that the details of alleged violation of US sanctions are not (and will not be) investigated in Canada.
As a result quite expectedly 2 Canadian citizens will remain in Chinese detention likely for years. By the way, China signed the Covenant but not ratified it yet. So 'reasonable time' argument is not applicable to China.
..., and I have outlined the steps to you in reply. Go back and look at our previous conversations on this topic. You don't have to go further back than the previous couple of pages, so don't come back with the excuse that there are too many posts to look through. You just have to look at your posts where you asked the question and my posts where I answered you.
You have described the current state of the case in details and added your indeed valuable comments that I much appreciate.
As to whether or not Ms. Meng choses to use all the avenues of appeal that are open to her in order to avoid extradition is her choice and her right.
Of course it is true. It is her right and her choice.

Latest Threads