Can you use MOD90 to go to Lanzarote?

Had a panic! Just realised my passport has expired and booked a last minute deal to Lanzarote for march 1st, does anyone know if I will be able to use my MOD90 to travel on?
Thanks guys :)

Had a panic! Just realised my passport has expired and booked a last minute deal to Lanzarote for march 1st, does anyone know if I will be able to use my MOD90 to travel on?
Wind up not wah

No you can't.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
You wont know till you try, but since its in the EU you should be able to travel with a photo driving licence. I read about some bird before Christmas - had lost her passport but had a pic of the business page on her iPhone. They let her travel. Good luck.

PS: I think it is the airlines call since they have to pay to ship you back if you are denied entry at the other end. British Airways might be your best bet?

Yep, you'll be fine.

If you lose your MOD90 just take a screen print of your Facebook profile and take that. Just as good.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Take your birth certificate and two passport sized photo's you can travel freely between EU member states. MOD90 doesn't count as ID though.

**** it, I'll have a nibble.

Yes you can.
And if you're short of cash over there, you can also use Monopoly money to pay for things.

P.S. Show us your tits

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
Sure, why not. Stick it in a cash machine when you get there as well, you can withdraw a months wages in advance. Your last 4 is your PIN.

You thundercunt.

If she hasn't got adequate ID how can we be sure its a bird?
I say we burn it at the stake.

If it screams like a banshee it's a split. If it grits it's teeth and accepts it's fate it's a well trained split.

No you need your MOD Rail Card as well.

Can you use an MOD90 to go to Lanzarote? Bit small I reckon, and may not be seaworthy. Always found a large stack of 1033s more reliable myself.

Its an ID to prove who you are for work, same as a coppers warrant card. If you worked at maccyd's would you use a name badge to travel on or to get into clubs?

You probably have more chance of getting there on your MoD 90 than you have getting a ferry from Cyprus - if there is one it must be a fair old trip!

Seriously, you need a passport:

Spain travel advice

Entry Requirements - Passport validity

Your passport must be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required. However, it is always sensible to have a short period of extra validity on your passport in case of any unforeseen delays to your departure. You do not have to wait until your old passport expires to apply to renew it. Any time left on your old passport when you apply will be added to your new passport, up to a maximum of nine months.

Transport in Canary Islands - Lonely Planet Travel Information

Entering the canary islands

Citizens of the European Union (EU) member states and Switzerland can travel to the Canary Islands with just their national identity card. Nationals of the UK have to carry a full passport (UK visitor passports are not acceptable), and all other nationalities must have a full valid passport.

You also need to provide Advanced Passenger Information (API), you will need to provide to your airline, either at check-in or more probably when you made your flight booking, the details contained on your passport photograph page such as your full name, date and place of birth and passport number, or was that when you noticed it had expired!

From June 1st, 2008, API, advance passenger information, will no longer be accepted at UK departure airports. This means you must either supply the information when you book or use your airline's website to do so at least 4 hours in advance. The Spanish government has required API for all air travellers to Spain since June 1st, 2007. The advance passenger information requirement applies to the whole of Spain, including the Canary Islands.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
clanker ACF 61
Espionage The NAAFI Bar 17
The_Green_Manalishi Army Reserve 34