Can you use MOD90 to go to Lanzarote?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Amy, Feb 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Amy

Had a panic! Just realised my passport has expired and booked a last minute deal to Lanzarote for march 1st, does anyone know if I will be able to use my MOD90 to travel on?
    Thanks guys :)
  2. Wind up not wah
  3. No you can't.
  4. Do **** off you plank.
  5. Go to liverpool you can get it on the day i think,
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

You wont know till you try, but since its in the EU you should be able to travel with a photo driving licence. I read about some bird before Christmas - had lost her passport but had a pic of the business page on her iPhone. They let her travel. Good luck.

PS: I think it is the airlines call since they have to pay to ship you back if you are denied entry at the other end. British Airways might be your best bet?
  7. Yep, you'll be fine.

If you lose your MOD90 just take a screen print of your Facebook profile and take that. Just as good.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Take your birth certificate and two passport sized photo's you can travel freely between EU member states. MOD90 doesn't count as ID though.
  9. **** it, I'll have a nibble.

Yes you can.
    And if you're short of cash over there, you can also use Monopoly money to pay for things.

P.S. Show us your tits
    • Like Like x 7
  10. Why not just drive to Brize, hop on a trooper to Cyprus, then take the ferry?
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

If she hasn't got adequate ID how can we be sure its a bird?
  12. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Sure, why not. Stick it in a cash machine when you get there as well, you can withdraw a months wages in advance. Your last 4 is your PIN.

You thundercunt.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I say we burn it at the stake.

If it screams like a banshee it's a split. If it grits it's teeth and accepts it's fate it's a well trained split.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Any problems at check in use the code word.

Guarantees special treatment.