Can you use Enhanced Learning Credits to pay for bike test?

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Ravers, Aug 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Anyone tried this?

    I want to do my bike test (direct entry) and was wandering if I can blag it off the MOD.

    I've heard of ELC's being used for some pretty weird and wonderful courses and was wondering if anyone has used them for a bike test?
  2. No don't think so as it has to be an NVQ level 3 qual or above.

    Nothing however to stop you using it for a Motorcycle instructors course, which would of course involve learning to ride a motorbike first as part of that course.
  3. Not that easy. The rules used to be that you (a) didn't have any sort of driving licence whatsoever and (b) weren't going to be riding a bike for your army job. Best ask your education centre (they have to ok ELC anyway).
  4. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Cheers for your help. I left last year so I will have to contact the ELC people themselves

    Looks like I'll have to fork out for it myself and find some other course to use up my ELCs!
  5. I think you can you know - I have definately seen flyers round my regt from a company which says you can use your credits. Not 100% sure but defo worth looking into.
  6. Ravers

    Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Yeah I'm pretty sure I heard about a mate of a mate who did it. I suppose it's just down to whether you can blag it!