Can you use a Chit in Lieu to go to Lanzarote

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Jacob1650, Feb 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently booked a last minute deal for a weeks holiday in Lanzarote. However, I just noticed my passport has expired.

So, I asked on the internet if I could use my MOD90 as ID. Responses were mixed but it seems I can use my issue ID card.

Trouble is, I've just realised I've lost it.

Can a Chit in Lieu, stamped and signed by the Orderly Room, be used as proof of ID on EasyJet

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yes of course. I had problems with one at Aldershot once the Para on the gate couldn't work out where the photo was.

3. Someone on here will have a .gif or .jpg of a CIL, suitable smudged about the authorising Officer's signature, that will suffice for a number of missions, including getting you off summer camp. It won't get you fed, but if you go in rig some kindly pax will stump up a feast for you and three of your bezzers.

4. I want to join NASA but I hear that getting in is hard work - can I use a Biff Chit in leu of a Visa, Green Card, proof of US citizenship, proof of ID as a USAF pilot and to get me out of PT?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lanzargrotty with Easyjet.....I would have thought they would be paying you!!!!

6. Ha, I'm not falling for this, Easy Jet don't fly to Lanzarotie, and it's only BA who accept a chit in lieu. No need for thanks. :)

7. I think a letter from General JACKSON with the authority from Mike Golden PARA regt will get you free VIP travel and complimentary noshes off air hostesses... Free holidays are pre requisite once showing the letter. Diplomatic immunity to all countries with free travel anywhere are also inclusive ......

Ask Mike G - hes been round the world from that letter.....

8. Yes. As long as its accompanied by o note from your mum.

9. Never mind the formalities! thats just there for johhny foreigner..a letter from your mam should cover it.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I am not allowed to go out where I live for my own protection.

Just before Christmas we had pork chops. Then jelly and custard, Then we sang songs about Jesus and that and there was cake and the fat bird who is not a nurse but wears the same sort of clothes as a nurse even though she is not a nurse but I like her because sometimes she brings in chocolate and when she bends down I can see the shape of her underpants pressing against her skirt and if I squint it looks just like the west coast of Cuba. I like Cuba. It has birds.

What was the question?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Do you ghost-write Dale's shit?

• Like Like x 2
  12. No, he just spunks in it like everyone else.

13. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Did you just refer to my fucking sister as 'It' shortarse?

• Like Like x 2
  14. The "it" was referring to her "shit," but if the cap fits?