Can you transfer to infantry in training?

Sphongle

Old-Salt
Hey,
I really want to go infantry or RAC but failed the powerbag lift. Ive already gotten better at doing it since my selection. In no time ill be able to do the 40kg. Ive been offered other jobs but because I failed the lift but passed selection I was wondering if there is any route for me?
Any help at all would be nice

Sphongle

Old-Salt
To clarify, I am looking at Royal Artillery or CMT at the moment.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
bump, anyone?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hey,
I really want to go infantry or RAC but failed the powerbag lift. Ive already gotten better at doing it since my selection. In no time ill be able to do the 40kg. Ive been offered other jobs but because I failed the lift but passed selection I was wondering if there is any route for me?
Any help at all would be nice
It'd be a mistake to commit to something without the slightest intention of committing to it.

This is what you're going to be doing for a living - possibly a career, so don't be a tit. If you really want, start again and pass for infantry.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
It'd be a mistake to commit to something without the slightest intention of committing to it.

This is what you're going to be doing for a living - possibly a career, so don't be a tit. If you really want, start again and pass for infantry.
Id like to be a CMT very much so. If I couldnt get a transfer I would still be happy I think, seeing as medicine has always been a close second to the army.
I was just wondering if I did the first 14weeks and when it got to the medical part and I wasnt happy could I change?

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Id like to be a CMT very much so. If I couldnt get a transfer I would still be happy I think, seeing as medicine has always been a close second to the army.
I was just wondering if I did the first 14weeks and when it got to the medical part and I wasnt happy could I change?
Don't bank on it.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
Don't bank on it.
Yea I taught that would be the answer. Still exited for training though. Maybe after my phase 1/2/3 I can get attached to infantry or something

You'll still be doing the same pointless time fillers & fatigues whether you're infantry or RAMC now that "enduring ops" is coming to a close in the army & we're going back to barrack bullshit, just go with whatever unit you feel has the nicest cap badge / stable belt (I quite like the RAMC stable belt, very colourful).

If you're lucky you'll get attached to an infantry unit & get to practice medicine such as popping/ dressing blisters, strapping up sprained ankles & treating cold / heat injuries on exercise in Canada, Kenya, & other far flung parts of the world such as Thetford, Castlemartin, Sennybridge, Salisbury plain etc.

:)

You also want to do phase one infantry at the ITC & have your core skills taught by full screws who have been on juniors & done numerous schmert infantry exercises but perhaps I'm being a little contentious.

Sphongle

Old-Salt
Would I get any say in where I would be based at all? Would they listen? The last thing I want is to be popped in some tent painting boxes or something (like many here on ARRSE said happens alot).
Do you ever get to take part in tabs or live fire exercises or drill or anything? Thats what attracted me to the infantry.
Thanks for the reply btw!

Would I get any say in where I would be based at all? Would they listen? The last thing I want is to be popped in some tent painting boxes or something (like many here on ARRSE said happens alot).
Do you ever get to take part in tabs or live fire exercises or drill or anything? Thats what attracted me to the infantry.
Thanks for the reply btw!
When you get through training apply for 23 PFA, do P Coy and get attached to a Para Bn

Latest Threads