Can you tell if scots notes are kosher?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BanjoBill, Sep 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After all - even the jocks I know can't tell.

Attached Files:

2. They'll be unused for a start
    • Like Like x 1
  3. They'll always be one of us about to tell you "I think you'll find that's legal tender"
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Does it matter? They only use them to snort Bolivian marching dust!
  5. I'd refuse that note legal or not.
    five arseholes on the back and a massive cunt on the front, I mean woz all that about?
  6. Post them to me and I'll verify their authenticity.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That's why it has 'SPECIMEN' written on it.

Coz it's pish.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. 2 conkers, a piece of string and a bottle of Iron brew, Is that legal Tender?
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Had a bus driver at Gatwick refuse one at Easter "cos of ze trouble back home" said the English bus driver Jose.
    half five in teh morning, he was lucky there Master Fang and Miss Fang were there to help hold Mrs F who was for tearing him a new arse hole, he could have parked his bus in!
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The lettering and pictures normally look like they have been stretched by the tight cunts trying to keep hold of them!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Bollox, true scots never even get to see a £20 pound note! They're kept for the incomers from over the border
    • Like Like x 2
  12. I'll have you know I saw a £20 note once! It was in a shop, one of them posh ones.
  13. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

And there'll always be one of us about to tell you are wrong.

They are not legal tender. Legal currency perhaps, but NOT legal tender. And don't rely on insisting on others accepting them as such. Or you'se get a slap - possibly even with a spurtle.

Scottish Banknotes Legal Position - The Committee of Scottish Clearing Bankers (CSCB)
  14. They can be a pain in the arse to exchange outside the UK though.

I have been told that they are as good as gold though, as the issuing banks in Scotland can only issue as many notes as their assets can cover. I've been taking that with a grain of salt since the Royal Bank of Scotland just about went tits up a couple of years ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. That's the Scottish stock exchange.
    • Like Like x 1