Can you still get Herfy these days?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by hogspawn, Jun 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Boys and girls....

I don't know if it's been done before, but can you still get Herforder Pils these days?

Particularly online?

My old man used to have stacks of the stuff after being in the RTR in Germany, I never served there but had tried the stuff several times here and when visiting a German girlf's family years back.

I cant find it online at all
  2. Dunno about online, but still to be had in Germany. A mediocre brew at best in my opinion.
  3. Mediocre?

Compared to what?

I didn't particularly like Dortmunder Union, it was ok, I'm a big fan of Paulaner though.

TBH it's more as a pressie for my old man.
  4. Rothaus, Hatz, Ulmer, Alpirsbacher, come to mind. Of course I admit to being a beer snob of the worst sort.
  5. Who fucking cares? It was pisswater anyway. Full of gas. Fucking fire extinguisher fluid.
  6. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Herfy was available in our local Tesco. I like beer which means almost anything will do. My choice beer is Warsteiner. If the brew in Valhalla is not Warsteiner then it aint Valhalla
    • Like Like x 3
  7. hogspawn, if you do lay your hands on it, is your Old Man prepared to lather himself in mud and dieso for the authentic atmosphere?
  8. and eat egg banjos covered in engine oil - probably!
  9. Used to like the old Herfy yellow handbags.

Warsteiner is definitely far better though.
  10. Herforder has got NOWT on Paderborner Gold. FACT.
  11. Never tried that one - can you get it over here?
  12. Hi and welcome to last year and the year before that :)
    Has the fucking search function gone down again?
    TiD will be a long soon to tell us all about Deltics ffs :)
  13. If you have one nearby-Warstiener and Bitberger are 1 english pound for 500ml bottles at a gaff called home bargains