Can you smell something?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DarkNinja, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. anfield-army-veteran-vows-to-fight-debenhams-in-court-over-who-dares-wins-trade-mark-100252-28729448
  2. Wheres the linky
  3. Just how did he manage to get it registered as his trade mark in the first place. Normally I would be supporting an ex soldier but I am inclined to think this guy is just a chancer.
  4. FFS what a load of bollux, If we did that for the "Motto" we would never get out of court, he didn't even serve in the regiment
  5. He needs to sue the producers of Only Fools and Horses as well, cos they used it quite a lot.
  6. Oh oh, please sir, please sir, (impatiently waves hand in air)

I found some old nutter who had used three words as some kind of trademark and I want to call walt before anyone else (despite there having been no claims to have been 'them' or even hints of it in the article)
    oh please sir, notice me!

sarcasic mode off

this is just going to be sad, the legal action, the thread, and probably the clothing too.
  7. Not quite, "He who dares, Roders!" ;-)
  8. I'm sure David Stirling will be delighted.According to Wikipedia it was also a motto adopted by Kraut paras in WWII.

And another thing (although not clothing related) Who Dares Wins was an Australian adventure game show that aired on the Seven Network between 1996 and 1998, with re-runs airing in 2005 and 2007. Hosted by former test cricketer Mike Whitney and co-hosted by Tania Zaetta, the show has been screened in over 50 countries around the world.

Wikipedia again.
  9. Thought that was "For you Tommy ze var is over!"
  10. I am sure this man has had publicity in the past. In my memory there was a documentary about someone who claimed PTSD and was living in a van. I thought stunt? (yes stunt). This looks like the same bloke, it was about 15 years ago on BBC
    N.I vet?
  11. I'm going to register my products for selling skid marked posh underwear on 'Ebay' as the "AFH1157's" brand.... I'll sue anyone who infringes it...... so I will...... Matron's bothering me again and reminding me to take my Meds....
  12. No that was the Wehrmacht's motto.
  13. It's the "To set up a Charity" I worry about, with over 4000 charities it works out one charity for every 50 or so serving squaddys,
    • Like Like x 1