Can you really spare a fag?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by booty_cadet, Jul 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now we all know its acceptable for friends, family and other muckers to borrow/steal fags off you.

This question is, think of a random person in the street, one you'd cross to the other side of the road for normally, asking you for a cigarette. What's your answer going to be?

Happened to me in Sheffield the other day, got ambushed by a tramp coming out a restaurent after he'd watched me roll one in the window. Was about to say no, but thought, fcuk it, everyone need's their nicotine, and sat down, smoked and talked to him for about 15 minutes.

Basically, what I'm wondering is, is there a connection and an understanding between all smokers that cigarettes must be handed out when asked, or am I just a soft tWat?

2. You have much to learn young man. You're meant to smoke his cock. Don't you know anything about tramp etiquette?

3. What was a tramp doing in a restaurant?

4. I was in a bar having a beer a few years back, just off Leicester square, when some old female tramp came in the door and asked me for a cigarette (ahhh the good old days of smoking indoors). I said sure, gave her a ciggy, and let her borrow my light.

2 minutes later I noticed that she'd swiped my cheesy tour zippo! I dart out the pub, and catch her up a hundred yards down the road.

Sheepishly she offers me back my zippo lighter, as I give her my best "you cheeky whooooer" look.

Once bitten twice shy.....fcuk 'em from now on. 1 spoils it for the rest, as they say.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I keep getting hoiked for ciggies in the street by chavettes. Somewhat resisting the urge to offer to swap a fag for a repository for my baby-batter, I refuse and tell them they are too young to smoke.

As an alternative, if someone tries to blag a fag off you, mince away shouting "He's MY fag, go and get your own!"

6. I was outside Glasgow Central last week and a tramp asked me for a light, 'sure, no problem' says I. I proceeds to try and light his self-build and had no joy due to it being drenched in either his own p1ss or lager or, (highly unlikely) water. I decided to do the decent thing and gave him a shoeing, well no I didn't, I gave him one of my own smokes. He was ever so grateful and didn't even ask me for spare change.

It wasn't till I got home that I realised my wallet and mobile were missing. Ho hum.....

7. sod that fags cost a fortune now maybee a few years ago

8. Came out of booze busters not long ago and was pissed as a fart,when about 3 lads came up to me asking me for a fag saying i had 2 packets and 1 fag would be ok.So i responded with they are all mine and i want them then walked across the road to turn around and see them all holding there groin area with one hand and making gun signs with the other i did laugh as i smoked 4 at once! Id only give one to someone who offerd to pay for it but give them it for free.

9. Moral dilema here,I work fcukin hard to pay the bills and feed the kids,why should I give away something I've had to work to pay for when the cnut asking for the fag is on the dole.
    Fcuk em,no,final answer.

10. If you can't afford your addiction - then give it up. I can bloody well pay for mine - so feck off.

11. Here's a difficult one for you :

14 yr old daughter(not living with me) gets busted smoking. Her mother blows a gasket : You're grounded, 'no daughter of mine', receipts for everything from now on etc...
    She comes and stays with me every weekend.
    I smoke between 10-15 a day (roll-ups), and have done , on and off since i was 14ish...
    There is no way i can repremand her, and would not dream of it.
    Asked her if quitting would help her to stop as well. Answer was 'Not really'.
    I now let her smoke out in the garden when she is with me....but not in front of me.
    Am I a bad man?

12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Weird. Life-time smoker, and 'smoked my own, thank you' since 196x.

Never IIRC been randomly tapped for a cigarette in UK ... but in the USA it happens to me quite often.

I would never deny a fellow-sufferer of the 'weed addiction' on principle ... if I'd run out, and really needed one, I'd ask a stranger.

i do keep a hand on my wallet, and cell-phone, and sixpence, though ... and do a quick visual check of the area.

13. I understand what you are doing because my Father did a similar thing with me he new i smoked i never smoked infront of him as it is disrespectfull but he would just tell me to stop all the time.

14. I'm the one blagging fags you c-nt, its where all the fit birds are , gaffin up outside

Birds who smoke are filthy and have an oral fixation which is good enough for me:)

15. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

OMG ... both my parents smoked, and eventually I was caught out [around 15 or so, I'd guess].

My father marched me across to Bewlay's and bought me a pipe and some baccy ... "I can't watch you all the time, and you won't listen to me anyway, but this is less harmful to your health."

Sadly, I just ended up smoking pipes, cigars and cigarettes ...

Only cigarettes these days, though

:wink: