Can you please identify this regiment?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The small one in the middle on the right is the Union Flag (or Jack).

Come on, it's Friday night!
The Union Jack. The myth about it only being a Jack when flown on a warship was completely disproved by the Flag Institute in 2013. Monarchs have used "Union Jack" to describe the flag, as has government. The Jack question is pure navy myth.

Union Jack - Wikipedia

This seems as good a place as any for this quest. Arsse has shown itself to be the dog's do-dahs at investigating Service records and I have an acquaintance who is keen to find out more about a relative who served in WW2.

Details are:

John Joseph Harvey (dob 13 Jan 1909)

Served in the Delhi Light Horse and in the 8th Indian Div Sappers and Miners.

Reached the rank of Capt before demob. Thought to be EME (though could also be RE, I suppose).

Any insight would be gratefully received. I may have a photo of his medals in a few days' time.

Ta.

This seems as good a place as any for this quest. Arsse has shown itself to be the dog's do-dahs at investigating Service records and I have an acquaintance who is keen to find out more about a relative who served in WW2.

Details are:

John Joseph Harvey (dob 13 Jan 1909)

Served in the Delhi Light Horse and in the 8th Indian Div Sappers and Miners.

Reached the rank of Capt before demob. Thought to be EME (though could also be RE, I suppose).

Any insight would be gratefully received. I may have a photo of his medals in a few days' time.

Ta.
Very quick wiki states
Indian Engineers: Sappers & Miners
7, 66 69 Field Coys. King George V's Own Bengal Sappers and Miners
47 Field Park Coy. King George V's Own Bengal Sappers and Miners