Can you join with hayfever

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by jakeyboy, Aug 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all got my application today and ive finally decided to go with the Fusilears 2nd battalion hopefully. I have hayfever its not bad but it can be a pain so im wondering if this is a fail on the medical any help is much appreciated.

2. Yes, just don't cover the free bible with snot, or just take anti-histamines when needed. If your allergic to Hypothermia/heat-stroke/work and don't have a sense of humour, I suggest you don't sign on at all.

3. Please tell me this is a wind-up...

4. My mate has a spotty face. Will he still be able to join the SAS?

5. Warum Nicht?

6. yep, and a pretty poor one at that. The fact that Fusiler was spelt wrong is a clue.

yes, I've spelt Fusilier wrong! I apologise too all Fusiliers.... and at the current rate that will be both of them before they are amalgamated.

A concept I somewhat disturbingly want to watch happen.

7. Why not indeed!

8. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

It's up to you but be warned. With hayfever, you won't be able to use natural camouflage materials - you don't want a serious allergic reaction or chronic sneezing in an ambush position. This means that you'll have to use non-allergic synthetic camouflage which is fine but you have to carry it with you, it's extra weight (about 10kg) and a bugger when it gets wet (it gets up to about 20kg with water absorbtion). If you're going infantry, you'll have to work that much harder because of it, though admittedly there's some leeway on your BFT time, and you need to give it some serious thought. That said, others have done it, so it can be done. Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Holding your breath for 72hrs cures hayfever. Try it.

10. honestly depending on what pollen sets you off and where your located is important, if your having a bad attack, try filling your trench with water and impersonating a frog/toad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

try that nettle extract thing it gives you super strength hayfever for a month or two which burns out something and means the lesser stuff doesnt bother you.

as long as you arent on prescription meds or an inhaler and can do the fitness why not.

12. Neck a bottle of Piriton..good for hayfever and if you ever get into a contact you'll sleep right through it. perfecto.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yup, pretty poor, considering that it's FUSILIER ;-)

14. Nice that german parchutist points how how important that skin tone is sooo important when applying for the SAS, and it helps if you can mention the "advante guarde" dance routines they are practicing for next year....African steps are now Blasee.. they now look more eastern for inspiration.

15. No. The black nasty will play merry hell with them.