can you join the TA for a short period of time

I want to join the army after the summer and I am going to England for a month in June. I know you have to serve a minimum of 28 days in the TA a year but can I go to join, do adsc ECT and do as much as I can before I return home. I'm from republic of ireland

Its pretty short term anyway to be fair, i night a week and a weekend end here and there.

TBH mate, you'd be just as well off joining the catholic church. You only need to spend an hour a week being a member and once in you're automatically qualifed as an expert and able to give an opinion on everything. It's the way forward!

Your alpha phase 1 is 9 days, your beta phase 1 is 2 weeks at Pirbright and then there's however long your trade training is. Don't bother, please. You would be wasting money and a possible position for someone willing to give to the TA for a longer period.

Half of them seem to only do about 5 days in total albeit they manage to somehow spread that over 13 years.

That's for the response, im not going to bother, I'll just get fit to join instead. I was also wondering are you able to go into any careers office. For example my application is with a careers office in Belfast but can I go in and just talk to officers in a careers office in london

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
That's for the response, im not going to bother, I'll just get fit to join instead. I was also wondering are you able to go into any careers office. For example my application is with a careers office in Belfast but can I go in and just talk to officers in a careers office in london
Yes, you can pick whatever office you want too. Just remember you application will be run by the NRC.