Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jonathansumberg, Feb 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a journalist working for BBC news - I am looking for any family members, or member of the armed forces, who has a view about Afghanistan, and the Government's latest decision to send 1,000 more troops out there.

Is it the right decision? Are we over-stretched? Should we pull out now?

If you could get in tocuh i'd be very grateful.

many thanks.

Edited by PTP .

Ask first next time.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Members of the Armed forces are not allowed to talk to the press. End of Story.

Please approach the MOD chain of command who will direct you to your local AUTHORISED Press Officer.....the identity of whom you should know already. If you don't, you don't know your job.
  3. This is becoming stupid now (journo's asking for quotes (I have my own views on Trashcanistan...and no you can't have them)).
  4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Oh Dear, Oh Dear, Oh Dear, another one
  5. not a chance.. and i referr you to the answer previously given

6. Looks like Jonathan works to a tight schedule. He was asking a similar question in relation to dyslexia at the start of the year. Posted the question on a forum at 12:34, thanked everyone for their assistance (2 responses, neither informative - though perhaps he also had some phone calls) and closed the request at 15:50.

Nice to see that he waited long enough to get a broad view.
  7. Jonathan,

You need to be aware that what you ask is illegal for a serving soldier....

And this needs to be borne in mind by anyone serving who responds to this request.

Also you are asking for a political opinion, unlike other journos who have been fishing for opinions on welfare etc...

I think you are WAY out of line...
  8. more journo's :pissedoff:
    check through requests from other journo and guess the answers you will receive.
  9. So where have you been for the last three decades when we wanted a voice?

And now you ask questions? Whats up is it going to be a boring weekend this weekend need something to fill the 9 oclock slot?

Nothing personal dear chap - we might be pi$$ed at out plight right now but we are not that stupid

If we told you the truth all the leftie do gooding lesbians you work with would doctor it anyway so why bother and waste the ink

Of course if we thought you really cared and were genuine then that would be different - they really do not teach you much at Journo school these days - but at least you were honest I suppose.

Have a nice day now! :)

P.S I will give my opinions at BBC's Question Time next week in Colchester - thanks anyway :)
  10. I already help the BB fkin C by paying my license fee....

11. Too true......'nuff said :pissedoff:

12. Can you speak to my agent ,however in my dressing room I require,4 Chicargo town deep dish pizzas (4 cheese)
    A bottle of Jim Beam
    A bottle of Real Coke
    A Lazy boy chair
    A 100 cm wide screen TV
    A silk dressing gown
    A Playstation 8
    Urma Thurman

That will be all for now cheers
  13. is it possible for the site moderators to stop these requests and to inform the source of the restrictions serving soldiers have when talking to media?

they only serve to piss us all off so how about stopping them beforehand?

14. i didnt write that who made me all posh??? :omfg: