Can you guys suggest a couple of forces charities my site can support

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Bedhead, Jan 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Here's a copy of a note I sent to admin once I received my logon to this site. I didn't get a reply.

Assuming it's ok could you guys suggest a couple of charities that do the best work in your opinion.

Thanks

2. Bump.
    Any favourite charities? Anyone?

3. How about this websites very own non profit organisation, Holidays4Heroes?

• Like Like x 1
  4. British Limbless Ex Service Mens Association (BLESMA)

5. Thanks chaps. I'll get those set up as well as Forces Children's Trust which I found while scouring this site.

Appreciate the help, cheers.

6. Just a thought maybe one national one (RBL) and a couple of local ones to your area, that way you maybe able to visit/help them out in some other way as well.

7. SSAFA...simples.

SSAFA now work in the background of several other charities (H4H, RBL etc) providing case workers. SSAFA rarely gets the recognition it deserves. Often other charities get the thanks but it is SSAFA personnel who are providing the service.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

SSAFA Forces Help ( What we do )

As you are in the bricks & mortar business, you may have a feel for homelessness, which can be a tough issue amongst ex Service community.

SSAFA ( which was established in 1885) works specifically with Service familes, as well as individuals who need a helping hand.

[​IMG]

( And if it works out and you're feeling energetic - you can even join in on their 2012 Bike Ride from Edinburgh to London - two cities which have a significant homeless element. Why not offer to be a Corporate Sponsor for the event itself ? The payback for you, of course, is some PR for your company )

If the SSAFA Ride Of Britain 2012 floats your boat then the poc at SSAFA HQ in London is Laurena DiBello

SSAFA Forces Help | 19 Queen Elizabeth Street | London | SE1 2LP | England
    T: +44 (0)20 7463 9297 F: +44 (0)20 7463 9208

M: +44 (0)7765 969794 E: laurena.db@ssafa.org.uk

9. Felix fund

10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

When Regt Associations, ABF, RAFBF, RNBF are approached for assistance by someone they all turn to the network of SSAFA volunteers to do the legwork for them. Even other, non military charities, use them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Irish Guards Operational Casulties Fund

12. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

The Household Cavalry Operational Casualty Fund.

13. newly formed after my wife cared for me, the Forces charity dedicated to supporting the carer of those who have been wounded or injured, we also fund to SSAFA & RBL if they have a case of a carer that we can support. Home

• Like Like x 2
  14. please choose a smaller charity - the larger ones get quite a bit of support

I support Pilgrimbandits - they dont do sympathy

Pilgrim Bandits