Can you buff a scratch out of a bluray disk?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by carlbcfc, Apr 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I traded a game for Just Cause 2 yesterday, this was brand new and sealed. I stuck it in the PS3, downloaded the recent system update 3.21, and the game attempted to load up. I was taking ages so I ejected the disc to find a circular scratch around my brand new game.

I popped into gamestation today to try to get it cleaned, apparently they cannot clean bluray, so I asked them to chance it. The manager said, "that is laser burn, no!" ..So I phoned Sony to inform them their system has just ruined my new game. They say, "we can have it in to look at it (PS3), if it is faulty, we can replace it for £131!" .....he also said that there due to the technology, there is no way the PS3 can cause laser burn..

Other than fcuking up this game, the PS3 works fine. Where do I stand, or more importantly, who can I blame to get the game replaced?

I am now on my 3rd PS3 after previous breakdowns. Sony have always replaced no problems, untill now!

2. Get a Xbox 360. 8) :p

3. One of the kids have one mate, I do not like the contoller. I did threaten to move to 360 if they cannot replace my game though.

4. I used to be a PS fanboy until the PS3 came out. With it being (in my opinion,) too expensive, I switched to the 360 and after a couple of weeks, got used to the controller.

5. Changed thread title

6. msr

msr LE

7. Use this.

[​IMG]

That will sort the bugger out no worries!

8. Give it a blast out with compressed air before using again there must be some grit in there. I find it a bit farr fetched that it is lasor burn and cant see why you couldn't buff a scratch out.

Good luck

Dave

9. I was looking forward to smashing this over the easter break. I could buy another, but why should I, I have already lost the game I traded.

Sony say there is no way a bluray will burn. Nob head in gaystation says "its laser burn" ....???...so if it does not burn...then the PS3 caused the circular scratch. Except nob at Sony I got the gist thinks I done it for fun.

Would the developers be sympathetic you think? Send it in, they can replace it for a small fee, after all they want me to play it.

10. I have just phoned the local Blockbuster, as I imagine they have this problem a lot rentals. They told me they buff them all the time, and have never had a problem. So off I go, i'll update later.

11. msr

msr LE

Did it work?

12. Yes it now works. It seems you can buff a bluray, maybe only the once though as it does feel thinner. It cost £1 in the local Blockbusters, and took 5 mins.

So the manager in Gaystation is a c0ck. First he told me you cannot buff bluray, and then he told me it was laser burn, which im now told is impossible with bluray.

13. Fuck. I thought I might have persuaded you to buy MS. :D

Seriously, glad its sorted. Nothing worse than when a console/disc goes down. I've never liked Gamestation, just stick with Game.

14. I always have shite with the nobheads in Gamestation, usually when trying to get them to beat CEX for a trade in. I will use Blockbuster games opposite. Sometimes the prices are higher, but as I have done in the past, ill just offer them the chance to match gamestation.

Did you know Game own Gamestation?