Can you become an RAF pilot regardless of height?

I am 6'4 but I hear there are maximum height restrictions.

Also, I have terrible eyesight. Do they ignore this if you get your eyes sorted out?

Appreciate the feedback.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I am 6'4 but I hear there are maximum height restrictions.

Also, I have terrible eyesight. Do they ignore this if you get your eyes sorted out?

Appreciate the feedback.
If you have terrible eyesight then you may not even meet the standards for a private pilots licence and won't be able to fly commercially. If you have lazer eye surgery you still cannot fly commercially.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is this bloke a wind-up merchant? I mean, FFS! A blind bean-pole who expects to get something for nothing and then get's heart-broken when told he can't.

Game's up. Who are you really?

The max height was put in place because if you were over 6'3" and had to bang out you had an excellent chance of leaving your knees (and possibly the rest of you lower legs) behind.

The max height was put in place because if you were over 6'3" and had to bang out you had an excellent chance of leaving your knees (and possibly the rest of you lower legs) behind.
Yikes. Surely that's a personal choice though? i.e it's your own fault. Fly at your peril?

Do you think they would let a 6'4 guy fly in a total war situation? They wouldn't let Bader fly in WW2 but when war broke out he was allowed back in.

Forget the waltencommando, we need the mongtadardencommado. actually, it's not like we need anyone to look for them, they self advertise.

Mongs, *********, spacktards, get em while they're stupid....

Z

Zarathustra

Yikes. Surely that's a personal choice though? i.e it's your own fault. Fly at your peril?

Do you think they would let a 6'4 guy fly in a total war situation? They wouldn't let Bader fly in WW2 but when war broke out he was allowed back in.
Yes, because in a "total war situation" what we need is some lanky-blind-can't decide what he wants to do retard with a glass heart fly fighter jets.

Forget the waltencommando, we need the mongtadardencommado. actually, it's not like we need anyone to look for them, they self advertise.

Mongs, *********, spacktards, get em while they're stupid....
Don't know why you lads are taking the piss.

I post with honest intentions. I want a career in the forces and have tried to be as respectful as possible.

I did not mean to come off as rude.

Yes, because in a "total war situation" what we need is some lanky-blind-can't decide what he wants to do retard with a glass heart fly fighter jets.
That's what they said about Bader. Why would they need a man with no legs who took stupid risks in the air? And he went down as the most famous RAF man in history.

Z

Zarathustra

Don't know why you lads are taking the piss.

I post with honest intentions. I want a career in the forces and have tried to be as respectful as possible.

I did not mean to come off as rude.

That's what they said about Bader. Why would they need a man with no legs who took stupid risks in the air? And he went down as the most famous RAF man in history.
You are clearly on a wind up, why are you on the ARMY Rumour Service asking questions about joining the RAF? If you can't even grasp the most basic tasks like searching the internet then I fear a career in the Forces is out, you could try Tescos, I hear they're desperate for retards to collect trolleys.

Latest Threads