• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Can wounded soldiers return to Afghan?

I heard recently that a guy from 3 SCOTS had lost a leg below the knee and was hoping to return to Afghan with the battalion next tour once he got used to his new leg......would he be allowed to fight on the frontline or would he be stuck in bastion?

A lot of lads with amputations have returned to Afghanistan. They do sedentary jobs, storeman and the like in Bastion. Lads with brain injuries as severe as your's though, just prefer to sit quietly in a darkened room using a head dobber to ask bone questions on an internet forum.

FiveAlpha said:
A lot of lads with amputations have returned to Afghanistan. They do sedentary jobs, storeman and the like in Bastion. Lads with brain injuries as severe as your's though, just prefer to sit quietly in a darkened room using a head dobber to ask bone questions on an internet forum.

Class!

EX_STAB said:
FR_Trooper said:
what the * is wrong with asking?
Nothing wrong with asking but that was a pretty funny answer, especially coming from 5A - he usually just snaps back with dull abuse.....
............normally to fat, dull, no-marks who are going through a mid-life guilt complex for having never deployed.

FiveAlpha said:
EX_STAB said:
FR_Trooper said:
Nothing wrong with asking but that was a pretty funny answer, especially coming from 5A - he usually just snaps back with dull abuse.....
............normally to fat, dull, no-marks who are going through a mid-life guilt complex for having never deployed.
if that is a dig at me in 16 so im hardly mid life and im too young to deploy!

if not.........My Bad 8)

FR_Trooper said:
FiveAlpha said:
EX_STAB said:
FR_Trooper said:
if that is a dig at me in 16 so im hardly mid life and im too young to deploy!

if not.........My Bad 8)
Nah, he's having his customary pop at me. Joining up again with the intent of deploying is a bad thing in 5A's mind. I should have made a war happen whilst I was in last time so that I could have deployed on it.... :roll:

FR_Trooper.... You really are in the wrong place mush! You've made 35 posts and at least 35 of them have been fekkin' bone! Do yourself a favour and stick to Farcebook or twatter.

Latest Threads