Can we really afford to do this ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AIR FILTER, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I think some people don't realise just how little 280 million is in the scheme of the annual UK budget.

2. Dear Mr Schaden.... please post me £5.

its only a very small fraction of your income... so automaticly you wont mind.

• Like Like x 3

3. Ill take a fiver as well please, you old philanthopist you!

4. We've loads of money it seems except when it comes to paying the public sector, emptying your bins, gritting the roads in winter and never , ever enough money to pay to look after poor unfortunate people who turn up on our doorstep to claim asylum. We've money to give to Pakistan to tighten up there border and make sure that Bin Laden didn't lsip in. We've money to give to Singapore, Ireland, Europe and anybody who wants it. We don't have money to look after the UK though.

• Like Like x 6
  5. I'll have it all because and his overdraft because i've decided I need to seek asylum.

6. But that is not really the point is it? It is about wasting money that this country cannot afford and which should spent here.

Rodney2q

• Like Like x 1
  7. And in the same speech, Singh bemoans the fact that India's still not got to grips with child malnutrition...

So, mission to Mars eh? What's the betting the first thing they'll build is a Call Centre?

8. It's care in the community now, all you get is some clothes that old people have died in, a can of Spesh and a timeshare in the doorway to Debenham's.

9. We are trully led by some fuckwits.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dont be daft, you cant claim asylum, you arent a one legged , pregnant, lesbian Somali with 6 kids in tow, zero work ethic and no means of ever supporting yourself other than benefits?

Or are you? The public needs to know!

11. I've seen a lot of stupid things written on here but... wow.

Cutting the UK to ribbons while our foreign 'aid' pishes out.

12. I watched a documentry on this the other night, India has vast amounts ov surplus food stocks and people are starving, some of the food stock areas are only a few klicks from where there is most starvation...they have Nukes that cost billions and now a space programme....***** in Space...!!!